• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Armstrong will win....stage 19!

Comeback 2011

BANNED
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
He had a good prologue performance and this pan flat time trial will suit his style. The guys that finished above him in the prologue have all suffered in recent days - Cancellara has had to put in a huge effort in the mountains to help Schleck, Tony Martin will be spending up a lot of energy today to help Cav, and David Millar is hurt bad.

With winning the team classification this would be a great way to go out!

Go Lance!

A

Anonymous

Cancellara will stop 50 meters from the finish line and lose just enough time to allow LA to win the stage.

Bertie will not be a factor in the TT as Bruyneel will have sabotaged his equipment forcing at least two bike changes.

Ride.

Strong.

Go Lance.

May 20, 2009
Visit site
Comeback 2011 said:
He had a good prologue performance and this pan flat time trial will suit his style. The guys that finished above him in the prologue have all suffered in recent days - Cancellara has had to put in a huge effort in the mountains to help Schleck, Tony Martin will be spending up a lot of energy today to help Cav, and David Millar is hurt bad.

Go Lance!
If he wins satge 19 I'll sprint naked down Oxford St in London, never gonna happen.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes I agree.

Throughout this tour he has demonstrated an ability to beat some of the strongest riders on his team, which is the strongest team in the tour.

So logically he will easily be able to beat the strongest riders in the race.

Go Lance! Livestrog!

Comeback 2011 said:

Go Lance!

The "old man" is cooked. He'll be lucky to finish in the top 30. I really doubt that even he believes that he has a chance to win the ITT. Cancellara put in a huge effort last year too and still did quite well and this ITT more to his liking than last year's.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Johan has raided Bjarne's teambus and stolen the motor from Fabian's bike and hidden it in Lance's seat-tube. Unfortunately for Johan, Lance will sit still in the start house waiting for Bottle and Horner's time-checks.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I don’t know if Lance can win the TT. He is cooked from helping Levi and now Horner. Perhaps he will win if he can locate his suitcase of courage.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
Yes I agree.

Throughout this tour he has demonstrated an ability to beat some of the strongest riders on his team, which is the strongest team in the tour.

Go Lance! Livestrog!

I guess you won't be posting again after Sunday?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Comeback 2011 said:
Well you never know.

Even if he doesn't win it, I note he has beaten both Evans and Wiggins AGAIN this year. Pretty impressive riding for a 39 year old.

Come on. Get your hate on for Lance. Otherwise the moderators will ban you and you will have to wonder the earth for eternity like our colleague a Mr. BPC.
Please reference the Lance/hate/on forums.

We expect excellence and performance from a one Mr. Lance Armstrong. Then we need to get on the Lance bag on forum. Maybe some of my astute colleagues here can tell you what time it is in the hate category.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
Yes I agree.

Go Lance! Livestrog!

Just beautiful. :D

Comeback 2011

BANNED
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Come on. Get your hate on for Lance. Otherwise the moderators will ban you and you will have to wonder the earth for eternity like our colleague a Mr. BPC.
Please reference the Lance/hate/on forums.

We expect excellence and performance from a one Mr. Lance Armstrong. Then we need to get on the Lance bag on forum. Maybe some of my astute colleagues here can tell you what time it is in the hate category.

Thanks for the warning!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Comeback 2011 said:
Thanks for the warning!

Now let me show you. Lance as Contador rode an intelligent Tour. Unfortunatly AC made a PR mistake. Lance rode within his abilities after losing 12 minutes in stage 8. No reason for Lance to go super level for rest of tour. Nothing to do about his fitness or anything to do with LeMond. Now watch what kind of haters I can catch now comeback. I may even be banned for this action!

Comeback 2011

BANNED
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Now let me show you. Lance as Contador rode an intelligent Tour. Unfortunatly AC made a PR mistake. Lance rode within his abilities after losing 12 minutes in stage 8. No reason for Lance to go super level for rest of tour. Nothing to do about his fitness or anything to do with LeMond. Now watch what kind of haters I can catch now comeback. I may even be banned for this action!

Well he definitely changed tactics and was not going for a GC place. He was not trying to limit the loss on that stage.. That makes it even more extraordinary that he beat Wiggins and Evans in GC, both of which said they were battling on for a high place until the last couple of days.

TRENDING THREADS