• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Armstrong's Secret Weapon

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
His other secret is in getting suckers to keep buying "his" books. How many volumes of, "I'm a great and let me tell you how great I am" do you need to read?

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Green Tea said:
Interesting to see a two peices of core equipment there for his ab work.

I'll leave it too Brucey...

"My Strength comes from the Abdomen. It’s the centre of gravity and the source of real power" - Bruce Lee –

Pioneer.

Go Lance. I know you didn't cheat.

Just this forum is overrun with haters with no lifes.

Interesting to see all the medical grade storage containers over by the wall, must be to store al the blood ;)

Green Tea said:
Interesting to see a two peices of core equipment there for his ab work.

I'll leave it too Brucey...

"My Strength comes from the Abdomen. It’s the centre of gravity and the source of real power" - Bruce Lee –

Pioneer.

Go Lance. I know you didn't cheat.

Just this forum is overrun with haters with no lifes.

Impressive abs! Be honest fellars, who would you rather look like, Lance or the Chicken! I agree that you don't need strong arms to cycle fast but there's no way I would want to look like the Chicken.

When I was a Level 2 cycling coach, a lot of importance was made to develop core strength. A bit of ab definition and weight was more than compensated for by the power that core work gave you. Similarly with martial arts; you will punch and kick harder with strong abs and core strength. Will his physique help him in the Tour? I doubt it; looking good but going nowhere I suspect. He ain't got enough racing miles in his legs.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
That photo was a year and a half ago, Offtheback. A fan boy has re-posted it.

I wonder what he needed all those containers of water for? Flushing anyone?

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Offtheback said:
Impressive abs! Be honest fellars, who would you rather look like, Lance or the Chicken! I agree that you don't need strong arms to cycle fast but there's no way I would want to look like the Chicken.

Lance looks way more impressive than the Chicken hence the results.

This is the way cycling is going resulting in faster times.

Pioneer.