• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance disappointed by Rebellin and Schumi.

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
CN: Last week's news was dominated by the positive tests that came out of the Beijing Olympics. How did you react to the news?

LA: I was disappointed on a lot of levels. Firstly because these athletes had a mind set to cheat and that they thought they had a substance that wasn't going to show up. They took that risk. That was a stupid chance and stupid decision. It is also disappointing that of the six people who were positive, the cyclists are the first two names that are made public. If everything is confirmed, it is just another bad story that we have to get over.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features.php?id=features/2009/lance_armstrong_gila09

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm disappointed too... They could have blood doped with their own blood stored in a solution that maintains rectics (baby red cells) and not had to microdose EPO to stimulate rectics.

Doping exists but there are mostly just Pure, "clean" athletes. In fact most do not dope, its just a few bad apples. The pureness of Daniel Martin for example, he will never ever test positive; just like LiveStrong Lance will NEVER ever go positive. I know for a FACT that Livestrong lance and his entire Livestrong team are clean... The young athletes on the team (U-23) are the Pure future... I do believe all these youngsters are capable of smashing 4,000 m world records... winning world championships... and they do it totally clean because they all charish the livestrong Veys of success and prosperity.