• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance for the world Champs what next

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
From last week Geelong Advertiser.

GEELONG MPs say a groundswell of support is needed before they will urge the State Government to back the city's bid to lure superstar cyclist Lance Armstrong to the 2010 Road Cycling World Championships in Geelong in September.

I dont know but I thought it was the National team selectors who decide who rides for USA.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure another 3 million appearance fee will see him there in some capacity. Surprised at the Australians seeing one person as bigger than the sport or the event. If this is how the sport is to grow and globalise it seems like an enterprise built entirely on sand

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
I'm sure another 3 million appearance fee will see him there in some capacity. Surprised at the Australians seeing one person as bigger than the sport or the event. If this is how the sport is to grow and globalise it seems like an enterprise built entirely on sand

/s/Australians/Australian politicians trying to associate with glitterati in an attempt to drum up (dumb / gullible) voter support and look good

Seriously. It annoys me no end that we can terminate the MTB program here in Aus, and yet spend megabucks on some Yankee doodle dandy to come and floozy around for a week or a day on his bike. Sickening.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Geelong Council spend % million on lunches alone so they must be looking at paying a lot of money if they need outside help.

This is comming out of my Council rates

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Geelong Council spend $5 million on lunches alone so they must be looking at paying a lot of money if they need outside help.

This is comming out of my Council rates

TRENDING THREADS