• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance goes Postal on Contador conviction.

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
NOT! Does anyone think it’s odd that not one rider/Team owner /manager condone or admonish Contandor’s drug use? If I lost to a rider that drugged I would be enraged; where is the outrage? Andy still considers AC the winner. The guilt from their own cheating these riders share must be overwhelming. Lance condoned Floyd because of his typical relationship of once friends/now enemies, but other cheats nothing.

Wheels Go Round and Round said:
Andy was doped too.......why else you think Contadoper is "his" champion......

BANG! Spot on!

I mean why would any reasonable athlete say those things that keep coming out of AS mouth?!

AC is still 2010 tdf champion? The guy was caught with his hand in the cookie jar and is now convicted and AS still thinks he is the 2010 tdf champ?! Seriously:eek:

There is no real winner in the 2010 tdf if you ask me but the closest thing would be AS.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
yeah. as long as these guys do not freak out and say for example Dopador is a cheater and I am outraged and going to sue him, etc, etc. we know that they're still all full and omertà rules. sad.

imagine if you were a normal clean rider who was stolen his Tour win by a doped cheater? not a natural reaction, as the initatior of this thread correctly states.

thorny59 said:
The guilt from their own cheating these riders share must be overwhelming.

I don´t think it is guilt that these riders share. It is the knowledge that most of them and certainly the top ten GC riders share a very similar "medical program". That is what keeps omerta alive and well in the peloton.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but wasn´t AS´s father caught with a box/bag full of doping products for FS? Wasn´t Frank suspended for that? I don´t have the link, but if brother Frank was/is doing something, brother Andy surely won´t be left out, especially both being brought through the ranks with master Riis.

I just don´t think there is any guilt among these guys. More like fear of getting caught and never **** in your soup type of philosophy.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
thorny59 said:
NOT! Does anyone think it’s odd that not one rider/Team owner /manager condone or admonish Contandor’s drug use? If I lost to a rider that drugged I would be enraged; where is the outrage? Andy still considers AC the winner. The guilt from their own cheating these riders share must be overwhelming. Lance condoned Floyd because of his typical relationship of once friends/now enemies, but other cheats nothing.

Anyone with a lick of sense would shut up about the Contador case. Floyd +Micheal R. it is your turn to speak up now.

You notice how quiet LeMond is now, good on Greg he is learning.

To the OP: Spot on +1. The omerta is alive and well. As far as I am concerned, if you don't speak out against doping, and on a case like this, I'm going to assume it's likely you are doping. And I don't mean rip Contador to shreds. I mean simply state if he doped, he should be suspended. But strangely, they are all silent.

Despite what the LA spin machine would have you believe, Greg LeMond doesn't come out of the woodwork on his own to throw stones too often. Perhaps a reporter will contact him and he'll give a response. If he does, I expect it to be critical of Contador and doping, as always. Greg has also said in the past he doesn't talk as much about foreign athletes because he is from the United States and would prefer to concentrate on his own country.

NashbarShorts said:
You actually believe these guys feel any guilt??
Exactly. To them this is just the way the sport is. They're not cheating, they're doing what it takes to be a competitive pro. I wouldn't be surprised if they thought not doping is unprofessional, like not training or eating nothing but cakes.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
NashbarShorts said:
You actually believe these guys feel any guilt??

Very, very few ever feel truly guilty.
And why should they?. If there governing body cant ensure that they can catch most PED users and they KNOW the only way to be GT challenger is to put ya hand in the cookie who`s responsibility is that?.
For most pro riders it`s a no brainer. The guilt belong`s elswhere.

Tangled Tango said:
I don´t think it is guilt that these riders share. It is the knowledge that most of them and certainly the top ten GC riders share a very similar "medical program". That is what keeps omerta alive and well in the peloton.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but wasn´t AS´s father caught with a box/bag full of doping products for FS? Wasn´t Frank suspended for that? I don´t have the link, but if brother Frank was/is doing something, brother Andy surely won´t be left out, especially both being brought through the ranks with master Riis.

I just don´t think there is any guilt among these guys. More like fear of getting caught and never **** in your soup type of philosophy.

You are mistaken. AS's father was pulled over during the Tour, while I believe acting as the driver for some Tour dignitaries. It was a random check by the authorities in which nothing was found. Frank wasn't suspended for that since there was nothing found to suspend him for. He was investigated for having wrote a check to Dr. Ferari's account for what he said was a payment for a training program from the good doctor. The investigation found nothing beyond what Frank claimed was the reason for the deposit. It definitely was an ill-advised transaction considering the doctor's reputation and makes one wonder what could he have been thinking at the time.

Darryl Webster said:
Very, very few ever feel truly guilty.
And why should they?. If there governing body cant ensure that they can catch most PED users and they KNOW the only way to be GT challenger is to put ya hand in the cookie who`s responsibility is that?.
For most pro riders it`s a no brainer. The guilt belong`s elswhere.

That is exactly why I think longer bans for drug positives would be wrong at this time. Lets go after the team directors and the dope docs and the UCI and then when (?) we have that mess straightened out, no mercy on dopers.

Angliru said:
You are mistaken. AS's father was pulled over during the Tour, while I believe acting as the driver for some Tour dignitaries. It was a random check by the authorities in which nothing was found. Frank wasn't suspended for that since there was nothing found to suspend him for. He was investigated for having wrote a check to Dr. Ferari's account for what he said was a payment for a training program from the good doctor. The investigation found nothing beyond what Frank claimed was the reason for the deposit. It definitely was an ill-advised transaction considering the doctor's reputation and makes one wonder what could he have been thinking at the time.

Make that Dr Fuentes and you are right. I have no idea however what kind of training schedules Fuentes is supposed to write. Isn't he a "women's doctor"? Perhaps Frank and the Mrs were having some trouble getting pregnant. :confused:

Regards
GJ

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
thorny59 said:

You must have missed some of these acts when Conti was caught.
You can of course miss these pieces of played acts now - I don't need them any more.

For me it is better they say nothing or say what they think, instead of played outrage and rage.

Your choice.

To go down last year's list and find a completely clean winner? Good luck. I'd love to believe Van Den Broeck or Hesjedal were riding on bread and water, same with a few others who rode well. Gadret, Riblon are nice names. Sastre and Evans have kept out of the spotlight on doping, sure. But I fear it may be someone like Cunego in 29th, or Charteau, well over an hour back.

GJB123 said:
Make that Dr Fuentes...Isn't he a "women's doctor"?
Correct, a gynecologist. There is no logical reason for an athlete to visit such a physician for "training". Such an excuse should be ridiculed and laughed at with scorn. There's one reason and one reason only to visit such a doctor: To facilitate doping.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Correct, a gynecologist. There is no logical reason for an athlete to visit such a physician for "training". Such an excuse should be ridiculed and laughed at with scorn. There's one reason and one reason only to visit such a doctor: To facilitate doping.

Huh? What if my p*ssy hurts?

Sorry about that, I anxiously await your warning...

I think the whole "no one would visit a gynecologist for training" thing is misplaced. No one would visit Fuentes for training, that's as close to a fact as we can get, but don't forget Fuentes has worked in sports medicine for decades now. Visiting a hypothetical parallel universe Beta-Fuentes who was a gynecologist, had worked in sports medicine for decades and wasn't involved in doping at all would make perfect sense.

TRENDING THREADS