• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance in 30 years

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Basecase said:

Yeah, you're not a numbers guy, are you? You know how those tallies work, right?

I do like how you tossed in the €, but I don't think anyone here is fooled as to your country of origin.

Basecase said:

Grrrr! Read the thread.

$20 in cash.

He doesn't have $120m in cash.

That's why he had to remortgage the house to access cash.

Haven't we been through this like 1000 times?

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Why is everyone assuming that if Lance confesses then he will be allowed to compete in triathlon despite being banned for life. Where do we find this rule and does it apply to other athletes as well? Will Ricco be able to continue his career if he confesses in some cheasy talkshow?

SundayRider said:
More than enough to have lived a quiet life in say Hawaii or some place and stayed under the radar.

Is that what you'd like?

For him to abandon $100m in other assets?
To restrict his ability to make further earnings?
To restrict himself to a Pacific island where press and media can still track him down?

Apart from him being a total a$$hole when it comes to the bike, I gather the man does have some basic civil rights apart from that? Or is it ok to restrict them too?

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Denied the right to compete in high level competition and unable to afford to eat at fancy restaurants in Aspen, I'm afraid Lance will supersize...

-8p19exo

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Basecase said:
Is that what you'd like?

To restrict himself to a Pacific island where press and media can still track him down?

Apart from him being a total a$$hole when it comes to the bike, I gather the man does have some basic civil rights apart from that? Or is it ok to restrict them too?

I think you took what I said a bit too literally. He could live a quiet life and avoid the media but he loves the attention and the ego boost it provides.

Basecase said:
Is that what you'd like?

I'd like to see him suffer the same consequences as any normal citizen would for doing the cr@p he's found guilty of.

Hard time...

Pay for his evil deeds.

Force him to apologize in full page ads....

:D

Basecase said:
Does anyone think someone who bought a Trek because of LA would have a case against him?

Or if an American spent thousands on a trip to see him fraudulently win TDF would have a case?

You are EXACTLY RIGHT on your comments!

Except I was thinking along the lines of ...Lance ensuring the destruction of Lemond's bike biz, keeping Frankie from being hired in cycling, publicly smearing Betsy, defaming Emma and branding her as a *****, sending threatening texts to innocent women, making sure certain riders tested positive, cheating our government by using taxpayer money to support a doping program and supporting his lavish lifestyle...
Oh I could go on and on but my fingers are cramping..:rolleyes:

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
D-Queued said:
But Bill has always had warmth and an easy appeal with people. Lance is cold, and more hero-worshiped than loved.

Bill also screwed up in a way that wasn't fundamentally political, whereas the controversy surrounding Lance pertains directly to the legitimacy of the achievements that allowed him to become an icon.

mewmewmew13 said:
You are EXACTLY RIGHT on your comments!

Except I was thinking along the lines of ...Lance ensuring the destruction of Lemond's bike biz, keeping Frankie from being hired in cycling, publicly smearing Betsy, defaming Emma and branding her as a *****, sending threatening texts to innocent women, making sure certain riders tested positive, cheating our government by using taxpayer money to support a doping program and supporting his lavish lifestyle...
Oh I could go on and on but my fingers are cramping..:rolleyes:

and will any of these now pursue Lance for losses etc?

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
andy1234 said:
+1

Unlikely though.

Its the very people who claim to want him gone, who continue to promote his every move
Their relevance depends on his relevance.

Incorrect. His relevance depends on money and the people who want him gone aren't the sort to funnel any his way. His relevance or lack thereof goes far beyond editorial commentary. It's much bigger than that.

to the OP: why 30 years when in 2 years time he'll be ruined? there is NO turn around for this one at all-no sponsors will back him up at all-& just wait for the Feds to revive the lawsuit against him!!- let alone cancer crusades dropping him like a bad habit -even among his most loyal advocates- he has lost all credibility and his name isn't even on the charity's front name. doubt it? just check how Susan Komen's scam got hurt big time because of resent scandals.....
He is literally done!!!