• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance, keeping up appearances.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, score one for the LA pr team.

Just checking the latest offering via google news, and came across his family trip to Florida, replete with pictures of his brood, splashed across the celebrity blogs.

Nary a mention of pending investigation, indictment, international police cooperation, months of grand jury testimony.

Now, in the politico realm, families are generally off-limits. Except when you use them as cover for distracting the masses from the serious business at hand.

If anything, this is a pr coup for LA pr machine. Let them eat cake!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...iful-baby-Olivia-beach.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Colm.Murphy said:
Well, score one for the LA pr team.

Just checking the latest offering via google news, and came across his family trip to Florida, replete with pictures of his brood, splashed across the celebrity blogs.

Nary a mention of pending investigation, indictment, international police cooperation, months of grand jury testimony.

Now, in the politico realm, families are generally off-limits. Except when you use them as cover for distracting the masses from the serious business at hand.

If anything, this is a pr coup for LA pr machine. Let them eat cake!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...iful-baby-Olivia-beach.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I posted this a couple of days ago before I was told to take it down. These photos have appeared on many of the celebratory baby sites. I get the feeling the PR machine called in the media knowing he was about to be indicted.

Regardless no coup at all. Read the comments. People really don't like him. They find him disgusting and it's not because of the doping.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
I posted this a couple of days ago before I was told to take it down. These photos have appeared on many of the celebratory baby sites. I get the feeling the PR machine called in the media knowing he was about to be indicted.

Regardless no coup at all. Read the comments. People really don't like him. They find him disgusting and it's not because of the doping.

Pretty soon, Maxwell will be spending weekends up in GlenSpey NY.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

Silly to be told to take it down. It is relevant in light of all the other things going on.

Yes, the dolts who frequent celebrity blog sites seem to not care for him much. Kind of funny, really. Can't even score points with the crowd who consume the overly plastic and superficial with a ravenous appetite.

They must also love cancer.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Darnit Hog! You are one of my favorite posters on here because you are a hoot. Stop poking Susan with a stick and getting yourself banned. :D
--

As to the comments on these sites, yeah they are very negative. I looked at a couple of these sites yesterday when the news broke about Lance being accused in the Eva Longoria/Tony Parker divorce dispute. All these pix on different sites of Lance holding his new infant. I figured they just wanted some publicity, and got somebody from PubStrat to call up the paparazzi for a photo op.

Maybe if Lance keeps himself surrounded by photographers, he can milk it for all it's worth if they try to serve him with papers. After all Popo apparently missed his chance for some major publicity with his black SUV car chase through Austin a few weeks ago.

Edit - I'm surprised they haven't yet gotten some Livestrong interns to post positive LA messages on these sites.

Susan Westemeyer said:
You were not told to take it down. You took it down yourself. The thread was closed for othe reasons.

This is the second such misrepresentation you have made. Stop it. This is an official warning. Next time you will face a short suspension.

Susan

Sorry. What I meant was someone else asked me to take it down. ie they said that Lance is fair game but don't post stuff about his kids - which I agreed with. So I modified my thread but didn't know how to delete it thus i wrote edited by mod. I meant nothing by it and wasn't trying to misrepresent anyone. I was trying to do the right thing. Alas by banning me brought more attention to an utterly ridiculous thread posted by me.

Again sorry to offend it was all done in good spirit.

Go easy on theHog - he has feelings.

BotanyBay wrote
"Pretty soon, Maxwell will be spending weekends up in GlenSpey NY. "

Have you been there? I ask because I took a group of juniors there for aerobic power testing 6 or 7 years ago. Joe Papp was there recovering from an injury. When he mention the sexual assault, Glen Spy was what came to mind.
One of the juniors I tested rides for Garmin now. The strongest one isn't on a team but still dabbles in racing.

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
Sorry. What I meant was someone else asked me to take it down. ie they said that Lance is fair game but don't post stuff about his kids - which I agreed with. So I modified my thread but didn't know how to delete it thus i wrote edited by mod. I meant nothing by it and wasn't trying to misrepresent anyone. I was trying to do the right thing. Alas by I banning me brought more attention to an utterly ridiculous thread posted by me.

Again sorry to offend it was all done in good spirit.

Go easy on theHog - he has feelings.

TO be fair you never did say who told you to remove it. (i can imagine why other forum members would request that of you in pm, kids are dodgy areas). If its any consolation i found the edited by mod thing clearly humerous and mildly amusing.

As for the kids. Im torn, normally I would say kids are off limits but there are so many grey areas with armstrong. He uses his kids as a PR tool. Gets a bit of bad press and he regurgitates the same old family photos to show what a great father he is. The unborn child had a twitter account for god sake.

I think the kids themselves should be off limits, but lances nauseous attempts to use them as a pr tool, fire away, fair game as far as i see.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
Darnit Hog! You are one of my favorite posters on here because you are a hoot. Stop poking Susan with a stick and getting yourself banned. :D
--

As to the comments on these sites, yeah they are very negative. I looked at a couple of these sites yesterday when the news broke about Lance being accused in the Eva Longoria/Tony Parker divorce dispute. All these pix on different sites of Lance holding his new infant. I figured they just wanted some publicity, and got somebody from PubStrat to call up the paparazzi for a photo op.

Maybe if Lance keeps himself surrounded by photographers, he can milk it for all it's worth if they try to serve him with papers. After all Popo apparently missed his chance for some major publicity with his black SUV car chase through Austin a few weeks ago.

Edit - I'm surprised they haven't yet gotten some Livestrong interns to post positive LA messages on these sites.

Lance, Eva Longoria, Tony Parker?

Thanks, now excuse me while I search this out and devour my fair helping of celebri-pie (tastes like chicken).

@ Susan. Yes, I see that. Fair enough.

I can see how it will go down.

Serving papers on Lance, he turns to a Fed and says "Uh, can someone hold my baby?", whilst the cameras whirl and snap....

Cancer Crusader Baby Time Interrupted By Feds

A

Anonymous

Ninety5rpm said:
But look at the comment ratings. The positive comments are getting bumped up and the negative ones are largely disliked.

the mail censor though, nothing is allowed the libellous or in any way critical

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
theHog's only crime was to care too much.

10-4 Susan. I'll be on my best behaviour. Lance's honour. :)

I only have one question, where are Annas', Maxwells', and Olivias, magic yellow bracelets?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I only have one question, where are Annas', Maxwells', and Olivias, magic yellow bracelets?
Maybe the Feds took them to make this.........

2dwia9k.jpg

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
As for the kids. Im torn, normally I would say kids are off limits but there are so many grey areas with armstrong. He uses his kids as a PR tool. Gets a bit of bad press and he regurgitates the same old family photos to show what a great father he is. The unborn child had a twitter account for god sake.

He's also just as happy to *****-out the kids of others for photo-ops when he's stopping by a hospital to visit their sick kid with cancer.

If Lance was truly benevolent and human, he'd keep doing the LAF and leave the cameras and PR people behind.

It reminds me of Sean Penn going to New Orleans with his boat (and camera crew). He couldn't "just go there" to help with no expectations of getting public credit.

penn_boating_jpeg.jpg

TRENDING THREADS