• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance, keeping up appearances.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
Yes, the dolts who frequent celebrity blog sites seem to not care for him much. Kind of funny, really. Can't even score points with the crowd who consume the overly plastic and superficial with a ravenous appetite.

They must also love cancer.

Colm, those "dolts" and the current American crop of Justin BieberHeads will NOT be the ones who will define Lance's Cycling Legacy. 2 weeks after Lance is thrown in jail for RICO/Fraud/Evasion/Etc, the dolts and bieberheads will move on to someone else yawn.

Lance's Legacy wil be written by the Pros. People who KNOW Cycling.

50 years from now, when Lance's awesome exploits are as distant as Coppi's are today, Lance will be remembered as a Champion amongst Champions.

Fausto, Eddy, Lance, maybe one or two others by then....

BTW, most do not remember that Coppi was sentenced to Jail Time when he retired.
It was sensational back then however.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
50 years from now, when Lance's awesome exploits are as distant as Coppi's are today, Lance will be remembered as a Champion amongst Champions.

Fausto, Eddy, Lance, maybe one or two others by then....

Lets ad some others...

JacksonJoe.jpg
pete-rose-girlfriend.jpg

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
BTW, most do not remember that Coppi was sentenced to Jail Time when he retired.
It was sensational back then however.

I know you are twisting and spinning, but for someone who doesn't know that: Coppi was not sentenced for anything concerning doping or any 'real' crime, but for adultery

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Lance is just doing a little PR work for Max. By the time Max Armstrong reaches 29, he will surpass all of Rik Van Looy' classic wins. By the time Max is 32 he will surpass Patrick Sercus' six day records. Max will also own 6 green jerseys' by 32, retire run for senator of Hawaii, win and become history as president USA at 36. That will be just after Armstrong senior retires after his sucessful 2nd presidential term.

Thank you Daily Mail and the hog for the historic family fotos.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
........- I'm surprised they haven't yet gotten some Livestrong interns to post positive LA messages on these sites.

I wonder if they are concentrating on US media sites since that is where the prospective jurors will be pulled from ???

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
I know you are twisting and spinning, but for someone who doesn't know that: Coppi was not sentenced for anything concerning doping or any 'real' crime, but for adultrey

Which is the worst crime, doping in a doping sport, lying or adulterey. In my eyes adulterey? I do not think there should be jail time for any of those offenses.

Seems absurd these kinds of sentences.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
I know you are twisting and spinning, but for someone who doesn't know that: Coppi was not sentenced for anything concerning doping or any 'real' crime, but for adultery

Barrus, Adultery was a Criminal Offense back then. Doping was not.

And are you suggesting Doping is worse than Adultery?

Anyway, I will stick to my guns that the current day tabloids will have little to no effect on lance's legacy....

http://www.theflorentine.net/articles/article-view.asp?issuetocId=4818

"What the press and his fans could not pardon was that their ‘divinity' had clay feet. Coppi, a married man, made the unpardonable error of falling in love with a beautiful married woman and mother of two small children whom she would leave for him. In 1948, during the Three Valleys of Varese race, Coppi met Giulia Occhini, the wife of one of his most enthusiastic fans and a local doctor, Enrico Locatelli. In 1953, when Occhini, was seen wearing a white duffle coat, was spotted waiting for Coppi at the finish line of the race that crowned him road-racing champion of the world, a French journalist from L'Équipe revealed her presence, calling her ‘la dame en blanche' (the lady in white). In the bigoted 50s, the scandal caused by their relationship was huge, even provoking the Vatican to openly condemn the couple. The tabloids could not get enough of it, falsely painting Occhini as vain, grasping and some kind of a witch who had ruined Coppi's life and career.

In 1954, Coppi consensually separated from Bruna Ciampolini, his wife and mother of his daughter. Locatelli, however, refused to accept the situation and denounced his wife for adultery, then a criminal offence. Occhini was arrested, kept in prison for four days and then forced, while awaiting trail, to reside in Ancona while Coppi's passport was confiscated. At the end of the court case in 1955, Coppi was sentenced to two months in jail while Occhini was given a three-month sentence (both later suspended)."

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It is however unlike you and flicker make it seem, that his criminal offense was related to his ccling in the same manner as Armstrong possibly allegded crime was. So you are quite clearly spinning

(Why am I in godsname trying to discuss something with Flicker and polish, lord knows it doesn't have any effect)

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:
I wonder if they are concentrating on US media sites since that is where the prospective jurors will be pulled from ???

That's what both Fabiani and PR Strategies do for a living. Affect public opinion where you need it affected. Just have a good budget and a problem that needs attention and they'll make it happen.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

And are you suggesting Doping is worse than Adultery?

Anyway, I will stick to my guns that the current day tabloids will have little to no effect on lance's legacy....

http://www.theflorentine.net/articles/article-view.asp?issuetocId=4818

"What the press and his fans could not pardon was that their ‘divinity' had clay feet. Coppi, a married man, made the unpardonable error of falling in love with a beautiful married woman and mother of two small children whom she would leave for him. In 1948, during the Three Valleys of Varese race, Coppi met Giulia Occhini, the wife of one of his most enthusiastic fans and a local doctor, Enrico Locatelli. In 1953, when Occhini, was seen wearing a white duffle coat, was spotted waiting for Coppi at the finish line of the race that crowned him road-racing champion of the world, a French journalist from L'Équipe revealed her presence, calling her ‘la dame en blanche' (the lady in white). In the bigoted 50s, the scandal caused by their relationship was huge, even provoking the Vatican to openly condemn the couple. The tabloids could not get enough of it, falsely painting Occhini as vain, grasping and some kind of a witch who had ruined Coppi's life and career.

In 1954, Coppi consensually separated from Bruna Ciampolini, his wife and mother of his daughter. Locatelli, however, refused to accept the situation and denounced his wife for adultery, then a criminal offence. Occhini was arrested, kept in prison for four days and then forced, while awaiting trail, to reside in Ancona while Coppi's passport was confiscated. At the end of the court case in 1955, Coppi was sentenced to two months in jail while Occhini was given a three-month sentence (both later suspended)."

Thanks for that info Polish. I had no idea Adulatory was a crime....Looks like Novitzky's list of charges just got longer.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
It is however unlike you and flicker make it seem, that his criminal offense was related to his ccling in the same manner as Armstrong possibly allegded crime was. So you are quite clearly spinning

(Why am I in godsname trying to discuss something with Flicker and polish, lord knows it doesn't have any effect)

Barrus, you are wrong and misinformed to say that I am "spinning"
Please stay on topic. Please.

We are discussing tabloids and their impact.
And posting funny pictures

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Thanks for that info Polish. I had no idea Adulatory was a crime....Looks like Novitzky's list of charges just got longer.

Yes, another thing that Lance has in common with Coppi.
Adultery and Witch Hunts. Ooops, two things they have in common...

Adultery, Witch Hunts, and Winning Multiple TdF's - Three things they have in common

And doping. Four things they have in common

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Il Douche

I do like this thread. Adultrey is a big issue around celebrities. The Daily Mail linking Armstrong with the singer with the Italian name definetely douche material. Putting them both on the same cover"priceless"

Really it all reminds me of our former "hands on" prez, Mr. Clinton.
Singlehandedly didn't inhale,beded many other than his wife and then came up with the"I never had sex with that woman.

Really it is about hypocrisy and spin, foto ops of my Lord with his new family while investigation takes place. Chapaue Lance, his PR firm, the Daily Mail and the Hog for sharing these earthshaking factoids. Brought tears to my eyes.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Lance is just doing a little PR work for Max. By the time Max Armstrong reaches 29, he will surpass all of Rik Van Looy' classic wins. By the time Max is 32 he will surpass Patrick Sercus' six day records. Max will also own 6 green jerseys' by 32, retire run for senator of Hawaii, win and become history as president USA at 36. That will be just after Armstrong senior retires after his sucessful 2nd presidential term.

Thank you Daily Mail and the hog for the historic family fotos.

you missed the bit about him being histories most tested athlete

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
<snipped>

Lance's Legacy wil be written by the Pros. People who KNOW Cycling.

You mean people like Floyd? Yea, that would be an accurate assessment of Armstrong's 'legacy'.

Polish said:
Yikes - looks like Lance is lucky to not be very familiar with prison authorities already.

I have to say I was a little surprised at Eva Longoria - but then again she is a desperate housewife.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The bottom line is that Armstrong has all the pallmares to be elected and have a long term in public service, as an elected official. I know this irks the haters here, but it is the way of the world.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
If you mean an ability to absolutely disregard the truth when speaking, well I'm afraid you are correct.

Unfortunatly for Lance he wasn't a heroic National Guard F-102 Delta Dagger pilot.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
peloton said:
the ignore thing is not working when people quote their posts....

+1 good point.

I made the same point yesterday, but you did not see it because you have ME on ignore.

Hopefully the people that have you on ignore are different from the people that have me on ignore - and now all the bases are covered.

TRENDING THREADS