• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance posts drug use details !

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
Why did he change one the reading from 45.8 Hct to 42?

He twitters daily about being tested 30 times......why only release 17? Got something to hide?

nobody said:
Lance will have hard days in France, Pr. Mondenard is going to release soon a book named "The big fraud". It's alleged that he has written how Lance doped so a lot of ammunitions for press. Not sure that Lance will take part to press conference on TDF.
http://www.lesdessousdusport.fr/la-grande-imposture-bientot-en-librairie-5447

LOL. That reminds me. We are about ready to head into silly season. No, not the end season when riders sign for new teams. The month before the Tour when all the juicy doping scandals seem to pop up. The 2008 Giro samples should have been tested by now.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Any other teams/riders posting their results? That is not necessarily meant to praise LA for doing it, but I would like to see the results of other riders.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
JayZee said:
Any other teams/riders posting their results? That is not necessarily meant to praise LA for doing it, but I would like to see the results of other riders.

Basso puts everything up.... its very impressive. Much more detail than Big America Texas.

A

Anonymous

That HCT wouldn't have gotten you a spot on the 1999 USPS team for the TdF....what a freaking joke. You were 49.9 or you were sitting home. Here is the interesting thing, there is no way that you can increase that number that much without medical means. Impossible. That info is almost as damning as allowing your tests from 1999 to be tested later. Dang.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
That HCT wouldn't have gotten you a spot on the 1999 USPS team for the TdF....what a freaking joke. You were 49.9 or you were sitting home. Here is the interesting thing, there is no way that you can increase that number that much without medical means. Impossible. That info is almost as damning as allowing your tests from 1999 to be tested later. Dang.

The tops guys were all upper 50s... 57-59%. 49 to 58 will again make your 5 minute all out repeats your 60 minute power.

Now I dont think they can blood dope that high. Maybe they can get it to 54% though.

May 1, 2009
Visit site
From the glossary -

"Hematocrit (%): Hematocrit is the ratio between the red blood cells and the total blood volume. In males, hematocrit ranges from 40-45% with values above 52% in healthy subjects."

Oooh, so if a rider's crit is 55%, it just means they're healthy? ;)

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:

yeh.. but hang on.. you havnt read the test results have you, cos there on livestrong.. ;)

remember what you said :eek:

Thoughtforfood said:
You can trust that I need no further facts to qualify as a "hater."

Sorry, I just can't visit. It would be almost as bad as buying a Trek.:)

hope youve not been peaking..

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
boalio said:
From the glossary -

"Hematocrit (%): Hematocrit is the ratio between the red blood cells and the total blood volume. In males, hematocrit ranges from 40-45% with values above 52% in healthy subjects."

When haematocrit rises to a very high value, that's usually due to illness. Hence the "healthy subjects" part :)

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
yeh.. but hang on.. you havnt read the test results have you, cos there on livestrong.. ;)

remember what you said :eek:

hope youve not been peaking..

Dang, I didn't even think about that when I clicked......I guess I will have to get used to an eternal burning sensation......I peaked without even looking at the link.....Dangit!

Now, here is what I will ask you to do however, take the information provided and check it against past values. Then read up on blood doping and EPO (etc) usage, then come back when you know what you are talking about and tell me again how he was a clean rider.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Dang, I didn't even think about that when I clicked......I guess I will have to get used to an eternal burning sensation......I peaked without even looking at the link.....Dangit!

Now, here is what I will ask you to do however, take the information provided and check it against past values. Then read up on blood doping and EPO (etc) usage, then come back when you know what you are talking about and tell me again how he was a clean rider.

oh i dont doubt 99, the rest, frankly i dont have a clue, and bearing in mind the record of the whole pelaton for doping over the last 10, sorry, 20, 100 years, i dont care anymore.. its now i care about...

im just chuckling to meself that youve been duped into visiting livestrong.. i knew it would happen eventually, i just wasnt expecting it so soon... you know its the beginning of the end for ya dont ya..

need me to send you some bleach.. :D

You know the amazing thing about those numbers Lance lists? While riders like Kohl had their crit up to like 55, and used every drug under the sun flowing through their veins, Lance has been riding clean with his crit of 41, been out for over 3 years, recently broke his collarbone, is almost 38, and he can still kick these guys butts. :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
You know the amazing thing about those numbers Lance lists? While riders like Kohl had their crit up to like 55, and used every drug under the sun flowing through their veins, Lance has been riding clean with his crit of 41, been out for over 3 years, recently broke his collarbone, is almost 38, and he can still kick these guys butts. :rolleyes:

are you suggesting that lance can beat doped riders clean... :eek:

nobody will ever beleive you..

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
is it all about the hematocrit levels?

ppl talk about hematocrit as if it is the ONLY thing that matters for success.

these guys are not starting out on an equal platform which means EPO is not the sercet success ingredient of cycling.

let me ask you - if i load myself up to eyeballs with EPO does that mean i should start kicking guys asses on the bike? Yes i'll beat guys that I wouldn't with out it, but i doubt i'd even beat Cat A riders.

cycling is as much about mental toughness as it is about physical strength and team strategies as it is individual team member abilities.

let's face it, Lance / Johan are bad assess in the planning and mental games, they beat the majority of their opponents before they even got on their bikes

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
mherm79 said:
let's face it, Lance / Johan are bad assess in the planning and mental games, they beat the majority of their opponents before they even got on their bikes

once upon a time, you were right. show me the evidence that supports this view recently? astana's team tactics for the last 12 months or so have been hugely suspect - contador effectively won the giro last year on his own, JB seemed content to isolate contador at the vuelta in '08 and do all that he could to hand the win to another team member instead of supporting the team leader, this year's giro where they've made countless mistakes on the road. the only saving grace for astana, depending on how the financial side pans out, is contador. JB has made the mistake of believe the hype and investing his time in chasing fairy tales with Lance this year.

JB has made the mistake of believe the hype and investing his time in chasing fairy tales with Lance this year.

I felt that they made tactical errors during this Giro and expressed it, though I was met by some resistance here. The fact is that didn't win a stage, and unless Levi or Lance can pull off a whopper, they won't. A lot of us second guessed going to the Gila and pounding on pros making $15k a year and Cat 1's as prep for the Giro. A lot of us questioned why Levi was peaking in Feb or March, if he was truly going to try to win the Giro. And the team tactics on Stage 16 (and in hindsight, several more stages).

But for all of their lack of risk in race tactics, I think JB's taking a big risk by putting so much into Lance being able to perform at the Tour. It's as if he's going to let Contador ride on his own, and base the team around helping Lance, and to me that's a big risk, but look at the corner he's painted himself into.

But there could be a reward. If Contador wins the Tour, and he very well might, JB would have to make some serious blunders along the way to not have people perceive him as making the right decisions.

Part of JB's success in the past was that he was like Joe Torre managing the Yankees. When you're heading up the most powerful team in the sport...

May 14, 2009
Visit site
mherm79 said:
ppl talk about hematocrit as if it is the ONLY thing that matters for success.

these guys are not starting out on an equal platform which means EPO is not the sercet success ingredient of cycling.

let me ask you - if i load myself up to eyeballs with EPO does that mean i should start kicking guys asses on the bike? Yes i'll beat guys that I wouldn't with out it, but i doubt i'd even beat Cat A riders.

cycling is as much about mental toughness as it is about physical strength and team strategies as it is individual team member abilities.

If I load to eyeballs a Riis or a Armstrong, they will be in front of peloton... without they would have stayed where they were in their other TDF!

On a GT, team strategies matter but without physical abilities that will never count. Just have a look on french riders who stick in the peloton saving their energy hoping to finish their TDF...
Strategy is just used when riders are in position to win so when riders are already loaded.

It's easy to have the mental helped by external assistance.

boalio said:
From the glossary -

Holy jesus, im type 1 diabetic so i have frequent blood tests and my last hematocrit was only 38 and your tellin me that 50+ is normal for some people and im pretty healthy.

Does this mean im a chick:D

well, it could be true what the glossary states. I donate blood from time to time, and my hematocrit level varied between 45 and 49,5(!). I once made a trip to the Atlas mountain range in Morocco (10 days on an altitude higher than 2000m, of which 2 days above 3000m). When I came back home, I had my hematocrit level checked out of curiosity and it read 51,5. So, if I was a pro cyclist, I guess I would be highly suspect.

El Imbatido said:
Holy jesus, im type 1 diabetic so i have frequent blood tests and my last hematocrit was only 38 and your tellin me that 50+ is normal for some people and im pretty healthy.

Does this mean im a chick:D

No, it means that you live close to sea level and are a little below average. I think that 50+ requires living at high altitude or in a low oxygen tent.

TRENDING THREADS