• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance racing... No.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
From cyclingnews article re UCI $100k payment:

"McQuaid later confirmed to Cyclingnews that Landis, Lance Armstrong and all the other US riders accused by Landis have been placed under investigation by USA Cycling via USADA."

So, unless I am missing something, this means none of them are going to be racing anytime soon.

ProTour teams must sit riders with pending investigations. If LA, GH, DZ, and LL are cited, don't they all have to be idled?

If so, Lance and the others will not be racing in Luxembourg, or anywhere else for that matter.

If he's not racing, did he really get on a plane and leave the US?

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
From the same article mentioned above:

"We can only do the best we can but if you look at riders winning, there are young riders like Pete Sagan and Richie Porte, the young riders are coming through with a new philosophy. Everybody recognizes that a change has happened."

Ummm...isn't this what they said about Ricco and Kohl a couple of Tours ago? I mean, before the AFLD screwed it all up by busting people with their sneaky CERA test?

I agree that most of the guys will probably be able to keep riding at least until someone corroborates Floyd's story about individuals. Hopefully Armstrong and Bruyneel won't be any place near the Tour de France, at least not loose out of doors.

As for his location, I don't trust a word he says.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
From cyclingnews article re UCI $100k payment:

"McQuaid later confirmed to Cyclingnews that Landis, Lance Armstrong and all the other US riders accused by Landis have been placed under investigation by USA Cycling via USADA."

So, unless I am missing something, this means none of them are going to be racing anytime soon.

ProTour teams must sit riders with pending investigations. If LA, GH, DZ, and LL are cited, don't they all have to be idled?

If so, Lance and the others will not be racing in Luxembourg, or anywhere else for that matter.

If he's not racing, did he really get on a plane and leave the US?
Correct:

Strangely the 'ProTour Code of Conduct' has been 'archived' - it was available last month when I was checking about Santambrogio.

ProTour Code of Conduct.
IX. Without prejudice to the right to terminate the contract for serious misconduct, not to
enter any licence-holder for events who is subject to judicial proceedings or
investigation for facts relating to sporting activity, or any act constituting a breach of
the UCI antidoping regulations, or any other intentional criminal act

1. as from the opening of the investigation or proceedings:
· if the facts are admitted by the party in question, or
· if information from an official source available to the UCI ProTeam
shows that the facts in question cannot be seriously contested;
2. in other cases, as from the date of referral by the investigating body or,
where no such procedure applies, the date of the summons to the
accused to appear before the trial judge for sentencing.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
They're not gonna do anything about it. This is their one chance to make a huge change in cycling all over the globe and to reclaim credibility. Buth they just won't take it :(:mad: I really hope USADA and UCI will take action in the right way

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Ummm...isn't this what they said about Ricco and Kohl a couple of Tours ago? I mean, before the AFLD screwed it all up by busting people with their sneaky CERA test?

Indeed. That's what they say with each "new, younger and cleaner" generation of cyclists.

and when that group all get busted, they say "well, wait until the NEXT generation of young, clean riders come of age!"

Wash.Rinse.Repat.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
lance still has to follow the whereabouts rule or risk missing 3 doping controls triggering a positive by implication like Chicken did

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Well, he's confirmed for the Tour of Luxembourg.

He's also blocked me from twitter for suggesting he may soon be in the clink. No sense of humour, that man.

Ha ha, how many other celebrities take the time to block people.

Incidentally, is there any way of telling if you're blocked on twitter, or is it just that the person disappears from your 'following' list?

A

Anonymous

Roland Rat said:

He's also blocked me from twitter for suggesting he may soon be in the clink. No sense of humour, that man.

ive still not been blocked.. this is outrageous..

RhodriM said:
Ha ha, how many other celebrities take the time to block people.

Incidentally, is there any way of telling if you're blocked on twitter, or is it just that the person disappears from your 'following' list?

It just says "this person has protected their tweets. If you want to read them please send a request" when you try to look at them.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:

hahahahahaah

<thumbs up>

cinqoStrongArm will be coming into this world as StrongArm perfects his perp walk

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Roland Rat said:

I been blocked aswell but what really spun me out was Cycling Australia blocked me too cause of it the scum

May 5, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
huh, doping DoWnUNderZ heh?

Im not going to deny it . there been plenty of Aussies caught out over the years.

I thought it was really strange that they blocked me , I guess Lance's influenced has poisoned the big boys over here too , oh well im sure ill live i was only in the foetal position for one night

A

Anonymous

Roland Rat said:
:D I think the key is timing. I managed four amusing/insulting messages this week before today, but this one was within a few minutes of him twatting.

Being childish can be fun sometimes. :p

hmm.. i dont seem to have the knack.. although john lelaunge has unfollowed me now which is something.

A

Anonymous

Sydney Sider said:
Im not going to deny it . there been plenty of Aussies caught out over the years.

I thought it was really strange that they blocked me , I guess Lance's influenced has poisoned the big boys over here too , oh well im sure ill live i was only in the foetal position for one night

lance probably has a way of dm'ing his freinds in one go and making it global block

TRENDING THREADS