• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Speaks...quotes MLK

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ggusta said:
Lance: 'And for my final act of indecency after shamelessly invoking MLK to magnify this cruel charade, I am going to get wasted and boff a chick later on that will make that one that Tiger Woods nailed from Perkins look like a Victoria's Secret model.'

'Thanks for coming, it's nice to know you can fool some of the people all of the time. I'd like another double shot of anything and a shiner bock. Bottle? Where the eff are you !! ?? '

Stephen Adly Guirgis That Motherf**ker In the Hat - oral sex in a family restaurant like Appleburys

Still selling hope. In 2009 it was a marketing tool, now it is a desperate attempt to save what little is left of his reputation.

Absolutely amazing how fast he fell. The crowd, which I imagine should have been sympathetic to his cause, appeared embarassed and the silence was heavy.

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
LA speaks @ Livestrong

How come no one boo`ed him tonight as he spoke??
If all the outpouring disgust I am reading online is true it shouldnt be long before that happens. Wherever he goes.
be it an event, a speaking engagement etc etc...

Cant believe all the people sitting by watching and clapping as if nothing has happened in the last few days??
That in itself is almost as incredible as the huge story that broke this past week.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
GuidoG said:
How come no one boo`ed him tonight as he spoke??
If all the outpouring disgust I am reading online is true it shouldnt be long before that happens. Wherever he goes.
be it an event, a speaking engagement etc etc...

Cant believe all the people sitting by watching and clapping as if nothing has happened in the last few days??
That in itself is almost as incredible as the huge story that broke this past week.

All of the attendees enjoyed some kool-aid beforehand.;)

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I get the same feeling as when watching der Untergang...one of the last parties in the bunker. Everyone knows, but they don`t want to confront their big leader. They will just quietly leave.

His most loyal staff will watch him play with strategic maps like it`s 2004.

It feels inappropriate that Johan is not there with him

99kilos said:

oh god how embarassment, he waited an eternity at the end of the "martin luther king" bit and only a few people gave some very very "polite" applause.

i bet he was expecting a standing ovation at that point.

you'd think that with all the gazillions of dollars liestrong raise for charity, they could have sprung for a few giant flashing "APPLAUSE" signs to make that moment a little less awkward.

Ferminal said:
lol @ this thread, so much has changed in 3 years :D

I know, it's amazing. Not even a single person will defend the guy here anymore. Sure there are some 'who cares, cyclists are all doped and he was still the best' types out there, or even some 'who cares at all' types (probably the majority of the world), but I can live with that. The truth is out, it's known, and it's widespread. And for those of us who've known it for years, it's great.

BroDeal said:
He should have channeled Jimmy Savile and simply said, "It was good while it lasted."

He channelled Jimmy for years. "Lance'll fix it for you, and you and you and you..."

"Lance, I want to ride the Tour de France"

"now then now then, stick this in your *** and you can, young man. are-a-are-a-are".

(that's stick a syringe in your ***, don't be so filthy minded).

May 4, 2010
Visit site
armstrong didn't sound very confident, the crowd were hesitant in acknowledgement and he said ... nothing. certainly nothing of the brash arrogance of the past.

TRENDING THREADS