• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Speaks...quotes MLK

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I just watched the whole speech. Which wasn't easy. Man, that guy has really been taken apart by this past couple of weeks. It's just getting started, really, and he's already disintegrating. That's my first observation.

Most of the people on stage looked like they'd rather be anywhere else on earth. Most of them - and presumably they are Livestrong staffers - weren't wearing the yellow wristband.

Lance looked and sounded, in addition to really bad, like he'd been drinking.

At this rate he's not going to make it. He'd be smart to come clean, or else leave the country. Go someplace where he won't be extradited and not come back. I mean, seriously. What a wreck.

I'm thinking he should have gone more Richard III than MLK

"Now is the winter of my discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of USADA
And all the EPO that lour'd upon our house
In the deep vein of the arm buried
Once our brows bound with fake victorious wreaths;
Our bruised arms hung up for monuments;
Our early warnings changed to testimony,
Our mountain strikes to guilty whimper.
Grim-visaged war hath smooth'd my wrinkled front;
And now, instead of mounting barded cycles
To fright the souls of fearful adversaries,
I caper meekly on a rusted Trek
To the lascivious pleasing of the net.

But I, was once shaped for sportive tricks
And free to court an amorous looking-glass;
Now, I am rudely stamp'd, and lack love's majesty
Would strut before a wanton ambling Hein;
I, that am curtail'd of this fair proportion,
Cheated of victory by dissenting teams,
Deformed, unfinish'd, sent before my time
Into this breathing world, scarce half made up,
And that so lamely and unfashionable
That dogs bark at me as I halt by them;
Why, I, in this weak piping time of peace,
Have no delight to pass away the time,
Unless to spy my reflection in the mirror
And descant on mine own depravity:
And therefore, since I cannot prove a non-doper,
To entertain these fair well-spoken days,
I am determined to prove a villain
And hate the idle pleasures of these days.
Plots have I laid, inductions dangerous,
By Ferrari's prophecies, libels and dreams,
To set my brother Hein and Kimmage
In deadly hate the one against the other:
And if King Tygart be as true and just
As I am subtle, false and treacherous,
This day should Hein closely be mew'd up,
About a prophecy, which says that 'K'
Of Ireland's heirs the murderer shall be.
Dive, thoughts, down to my empty soul: here
The end soon comes..."

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Maxiton said:
I just watched the whole speech. Which wasn't easy. Man, that guy has really been taken apart by this past couple of weeks. It's just getting started, really, and he's already disintegrating. That's my first observation.

Most of the people on stage looked like they'd rather be anywhere else on earth. Most of them - and presumably they are Livestrong staffers - weren't wearing the yellow wristband.

At this rate he's not going to make it. He'd be smart to come clean, or else leave the country. Go someplace where he won't be extradited and not come back. I mean, seriously. What a wreck.
It's almost getting to point it is really sad

If he did skip the country would Livestrong last?

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I didn't expect anything dramatic. He knows he's history and so the other participants...
I'm more interesting to see if his resignation as Livestrong's president will be a real one, meaning that he will step aside for good, be it in the front or the backstage.
Still, he has enough to lose, financially speaking.

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
AussieEdge said:
It's almost getting to point it is really sad

If he did skip the country would Livestrong last?
What - a charity designed to generate donations for a charity designed to generate donations for a charity designed to generate donations...?

The sponsors propping up this sham need some serious heat applied to them.
This sort of "charity" should never have existed in the first place, but "Lance's sprocket jockey club" doesn't have quite the same appeal does it?

There always seem to be more scientologists, smokers and poker machine addicts so I imagine Liestrong will survive in much the same way, preying on the weak and uninformed.

Maxiton said:

I just watched the full speech too. Everyone on stage looked shell shocked including Lance. I agree with you, Lance appeared inebriated - slightly.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't help but feel a bit of pity for him. But he clearly is using the foundation as a shield. If he really cared about its welfare he'd fade into the background, let it celebrate fifteen years without him. Instead, he further taints it by standing front and center when no one wants to look at him. (It seemed to me that most of the staffers there were quietly saying to themselves, "Tomorrow I'm sending out a ton more resumes.")

For one, Lance douesn't sound so good there. Other things on his mind.

Two. What a despicable POS he is. The difference between him and MLK could not be further apart. It boggles my mind.
MLK fought to change the world in the face of violence by peaceful means, knowing he would be murdered for his actions. He Had a Dream.
Lance doped and cheated and attempted to destroy others lives to gain his millions. He is a nightmare.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
He channelled Jimmy for years. "Lance'll fix it for you, and you and you and you..."

"Lance, I want to ride the Tour de France"

"now then now then, stick this in your *** and you can, young man. are-a-are-a-are".

(that's stick a syringe in your ***, don't be so filthy minded).

"Clunk click every trip"...

...to Dr Ferrari :eek:

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Alex Simmons/RST said:
I have a dream that my five little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their jersey, but by the content of their syringe.

Outstanding post, Alex . . . I give you 10 thumps up for this one sir!

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
b7Gg4.jpg

The Lance Armstrong Cult.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Armstrong sounded broken. He sounded deflated. Compared the speech he made after the 2005 Tour, he sounded like a tired old man here.

I can't wait for the worse to come to him. He's not close to paying his comeuppance yet.

TRENDING THREADS