• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Speaks...quotes MLK

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
mewmewmew13 said:
Jeez...what an idiotic thing to say.:confused:

goggalor said:
b7Gg4.jpg

The Lance Armstrong Cult.

Who's the knob with yellow shoes and tie?

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Rossco8 said:
I read this online...
The silent auction included two Trek bicycles valued up to $12,000 — Trek was one of the companies that dropped Armstrong as a sponsor on Wednesday — and seven autographed yellow jerseys Armstrong wore on the podium during his Tour de France victories.

I wonder if we will find out what the jerseys went for...

What a great example of the symbiotic relationship between Lance and Livestrong.

He's had a hard couple weeks, poor guy, what about the hard years he has made for so many people. Very hard to have any sympathy for this guy. Bring down the big guys or go away Lance.

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
onimod said:
What - a charity designed to generate donations for a charity designed to generate donations for a charity designed to generate donations...?

The sponsors propping up this sham need some serious heat applied to them.
This sort of "charity" should never have existed in the first place, but "Lance's sprocket jockey club" doesn't have quite the same appeal does it?

There always seem to be more scientologists, smokers and poker machine addicts so I imagine Liestrong will survive in much the same way, preying on the weak and uninformed.

I hate to say it, but I am beginning to agree with your assessment. It is not a "charity" at all. Calling itself "non-profit" is a joke. To be honest, I always felt a little funny about the "livestrong" thing. It seemed like a scam. I never said anything though, because "livestrong" had such a positive image and was so strongly associated with cancer. I think that there is some serious fraud going on here, and I hope that starts to come out too.

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
I really haven't posted much, but I have been reading this forum, mostly the clinic, since 2009. There is just something about Lance using MLK's words in his "speech" last night that has set me off :mad:

I may be posting more frequently as a result.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Fascinating that Lance and the few celebrities that showed completely avoided the yellow carpet so they wouldn't have to face the press. Ullman used the yellow carpet entrance, but was quickly ushered past the "mainstream" press. Nothing like a charitable cause avoiding publicity.

Armstrong waiting for applause in response to the "infinite hope" line was classic. And what's up with the smashed vases?

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The attendees paid big money to attend this event, the Livestrong gala. So,it would stand to reason that they are his most diehard supporters.

Have a look at Armstrong's acceptance speech (below). It's been posted before, but here is the link again.

Note how carefully crafted Armstrong's speech is. It's purely a function of Armstrong's PR team to give the illusion of support. The large number of people standing behind Armstrong on stage gives the illusion of support, it is very difficult to be critical of someone when they stand with the innocent. Also, there are key individuals that are obviously planted PR attendees whose role is to create an illusion of support again. The guy, front and center behind Armstrong who starts clapping (shortly into the clip) when the crowd lulls early on which gets more people clapping. The people directly front of stage area that stand early on which causes others behind them to also stand making it look like the crowd gave a willing standing ovation. The fact that international guests, like earlier invitee from BBC - James Pearce, were ushered as far away from Armstrong as possible, shows how choreographed everything s by Armstrong's PR team. Oh BTW, the link is to a YouTube video first posted by another user. With all the Armstrong fans watching that video, check out the ratio of likes to unlikes on the video page. It's not good for Armstrong.

Armstrong's speech in its entirety. Approx 5 min..
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=rOKBU_U9hHA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrOKBU_U9hHA

Beech Mtn said:
That LA speech and the lukewarm audience reaction reminds me of this: Randy Watson & Sexual Chocolate - from "Coming to America"

Maybe LA could have given a speech similar to his SCA deposition?

Q: You have made a -- a contribution or donation to the UCI, have you not?
A. I have, yeah.
Q. Do you know when that was made?
A. Some years ago. I don't recall exactly.
Q. Well, 2000, for example?
A. I don't know.
Q. Did you tell UCI you were going to make it before you did?
A. I don't recall, but I don't think so. I don't know.
Q. You gave $25,000, or approximately $25,000 to the UCI, but you don't remember if you told them beforehand that you were sending them a check?
A. I don't recall.
Q. Had you ever given any money to UCI before?
A. No.
Q. Have you ever given any money since?
A. I have pledged money since, but I don't think I've done it yet.
Q. When did you pledge money?
A. I don't remember. Between now and then.
Q. Okay. Do you know what UCI did with the money?
A. I don't know.
Q. Who did you give the money to?
A. Well, if you sent a check or a wire, I don't know who received it, but...
Q. I mean, like -- is it literally like one day the UCI guy comes in, opens up the mail, and there's a check from you for $25,000?
A. I mean, I don't know. I wasn't in the mail room.
Q. Okay. But did you let anyone know this is coming?
A. I told you, I don't remember.
Q. Okay. Have you spoken to anyone at UCI regarding your donation?
A. Yeah.
Q. Who?
A. I have spoken to Alain Rumpf, Hein Verbruggen, perhaps others.
Q. Do you know what they've done with the money?
A. I just told you, I don't know.
Q. Okay. Like they didn't buy some specific equipment or something with it that you're aware of? It wasn't earmarked --
A. Which part of I don't know do you not understand?
Q. Are you aware of any other professional cyclists who's given money to UCI?
A. I don't know. I'm not aware. Personally, I think there should be -- I think everybody should contribute to the fund.
Q. How does UCI get its money? Do you know?
A. I have no idea.
Q. Okay.
A. Honestly, I don't know.
Q. That part of "I don't know" I understood. Believe me.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
GuidoG said:
How come no one boo`ed him tonight as he spoke?? .

Because they have some class. Unlike anyone here. It's a charity dinner for godsakes. Lighten up Francis.

If he was the completely classless guy you all represent, he would have stayed away. But, he did not. He decided the cause was greater than himself. Think about that, the 28 million current cancer patients ( feel free the argue the real number but if 12 million US have it, it is probably conservative) and the 2.5 million people that LAF has directly helped (In fact, right now they are helping pay for three friends treatment). He may be a doper and likely a colossal assjat, but even if you don't like all of how his foundation works, they get a lot of people help.

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Alex Simmons/RST said:
I have a dream that my five little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their jersey, but by the content of their syringe.

I have a dream, of a day when my children will not be judged by the contents of their syringe, but by the order of their finish.

May 6, 2010
Visit site
irongrl said:
I hate to say it, but I am beginning to agree with your assessment. It is not a "charity" at all. Calling itself "non-profit" is a joke. To be honest, I always felt a little funny about the "livestrong" thing. It seemed like a scam. I never said anything though, because "livestrong" had such a positive image and was so strongly associated with cancer. I think that there is some serious fraud going on here, and I hope that starts to come out too.

With the evidence coming out that he keeps over 1/3 of the money for "charity rides" before it is ever deposited with Livestrong, clearly Livestrong becomes a mere con, designed to line Lance's pockets. Lance Armstrong is a grifter, that's all. What he's doing now is sucking the marks dry of every last penny before it dries up.

One of the most successful grifters of all time, he will be studied by con men for centuries to come.

Love the Scenery said:
With the evidence coming out that he keeps over 1/3 of the money for "charity rides" before it is ever deposited with Livestrong, clearly Livestrong becomes a mere con, designed to line Lance's pockets. Lance Armstrong is a grifter, that's all. What he's doing now is sucking the marks dry of every last penny before it dries up.

One of the most successful grifters of all time, he will be studied by con men for centuries to come.

Hopefully the Bloomberg article that got shelved earlier this year gets a call up.

I'm sure there's several other journalists looking into the practices of LS now.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Hopefully the Bloomberg article that got shelved earlier this year gets a call up.

I'm sure there's several other journalists looking into the practices of LS now.

I really hope that. liestrong is as much a fraud as lance's entire career. he put starting money supposed to be for livestrong in his own pockets, saying he would ride for free during his comeback. BULL***!!

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Aleajactaest said:
Because they have some class. Unlike anyone here. It's a charity dinner for godsakes. Lighten up Francis.

If he was the completely classless guy you all represent, he would have stayed away. But, he did not. He decided the cause was greater than himself. Think about that, the 28 million current cancer patients ( feel free the argue the real number but if 12 million US have it, it is probably conservative) and the 2.5 million people that LAF has directly helped (In fact, right now they are helping pay for three friends treatment). He may be a doper and likely a colossal assjat, but even if you don't like all of how his foundation works, they get a lot of people help.

Hahhahhhhhaaaa, haha, oh, an Armstrong sucker right here on the forum, thinks Lance Armstrong is doing fundraisers because of "the cause"! Ha, oh, that's funny. Go ahead aleajactaest, send him your hard-earned $$$$$!

Do you really believe that 100% of the $1000 per plate went to Livestrong? I would be willing to bet at least 35% went straight into Lance Armstrong's pockets before ever reaching Livestrong.

The reason he's doing fundraisers is he's about to get slammed with several multi-million dollar lawsuits, including one (the Qui Tam case) that may seek to recover about $40 million (the money he defrauded the US Postal Service of), another for at least $7.5 million (the SCA case). He is going to need to pay his lawyers several million dollars just to defend himself, and meantime he's got a lavish jet-set lifestyle to maintain. Ho, ho, ho, aleajactaest to the rescue! Here, Lance, I believe in you! Take my money, please!

Hahha, the only one laughing harder than me is Lance Armstrong!

TRENDING THREADS