• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Speaks...quotes MLK

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Rofl!!!! :D

...Amway convention....LOL!!!

wow, that is a creepy looking photo...like they are all standing around him in rapture....
I'm sorry but that is indeed cult-like

lol yes, I knew an Amway guy and he was your typical brainwashed slightly creepy person..

Lance being the "motivating" speaker with gullible, weird audience like Amway for sure, Livestrong probably basing themselves on those folks but without the pyramid selling crap.

Pathetic, the guy looked almost broken in this vid. For his own best he should follow Hamiltons advice, although the hole he dug for himself is probably too deep already. Normally I'd feel sorry for someone in his situation who is about to see everything he's worked for fall apart, but with all the **** he's done, he probably deserves it.

goggalor said:
b7Gg4.jpg

The Lance Armstrong Cult.

These people look like moonies or scientologists or any other cult of personality. Lance is their Jimmy Swaggart. He could tell them anything (as if he hasn't already). They don't care, they will believe it and just keep writing checks. They're just desperate to hand over their souls to some third party so they don't have to do any heavy lifting for themselves. The ultimate outsourcing.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
ggusta said:
These people look like moonies or scientologists or any other cult of personality. Lance is their Jimmy Swaggart. He could tell them anything (as if he hasn't already). They don't care, they will believe it and just keep writing checks. They're just desperate to hand over their souls to some third party so they don't have to do any heavy lifting for themselves. The ultimate outsourcing.

As Lance makes clear in his speech, the people on stage are employees of Livestrong, not financial supporters.

That said, what do you expect them to look like when they are watching their boss give a speech in which he is praising their work and calling them "the smartest people I know".

There is plenty about Armstrong to criticize without resorting to nonsensical interpretations of a photo of Livestrong staff.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, they look enraptured in the photo, but if you watch the video they don't look that way. In the video they look extremely uncomfortable, and some are even rolling their eyes and making faces. These people are, I think, employees. This man is essentially their boss.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
silverrocket said:
As Lance makes clear in his speech, the people on stage are employees of Livestrong, not financial supporters.

That said, what do you expect them to look like when they are watching their boss give a speech in which he is praising their work and calling them "the smartest people I know".

There is plenty about Armstrong to criticize without resorting to nonsensical interpretations of a photo of Livestrong staff.

Beat me to it.

Imagine your boss is caught in some world-wide disgrace - one that reflects poorly on you, if only a bit - then calls upon you to stand behind him on stage. Hey, you've got children to feed, mortgage and car payment to make. Until somebody bites on one of those resumes you've sent out, you've pretty much got no choice but to climb on stage.

Maxiton said:
Yeah, they look enraptured in the photo, but if you watch the video they don't look that way. In the video they look extremely uncomfortable, and some are even rolling their eyes and making faces. These people are, I think, employees. This man is essentially their boss.

I can recall occasions of at least 4 very large corporations which I have worked for that 'coerced' us to attend optional dog and pony shows when the head honchos breezed in from out of town. Anyone who asked pointed questions or spoke out of turn was dealt with severely. If you know what's good for you, you go to these things if your manager suggests it 'would be a good idea' and try not to let your disgust show too clearly on your face. They just want warm bodies there to salute the flag. If the boss sees a half empty room to greet his 'brilliant observations' and peerless leadership, my manager would catch he$l from the big boss and you know it all rolls down hill from there.

These type of people (the ones who didn't go there voluntarily) have families, mortgages, bills and obligations. You smile and nod at the appropriate times while a piece of your soul gets whittled away and hug your family when you get home and thank God you aren't out pounding the pavement.

The ones who went there voluntarily and enthusiastically.... God help 'em.... Someone else can have a whack at explaining them.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
ggusta said:
Lance: 'And for my final act of indecency after shamelessly invoking MLK to magnify this cruel charade, I am going to get wasted and boff a chick later on that will make that one that Tiger Woods nailed from Perkins look like a Victoria's Secret model.'

'Thanks for coming, it's nice to know you can fool some of the people all of the time. I'd like another double shot of anything and a shiner bock. Bottle? Where the eff are you !! ?? '

SHESSSH! THAT was funny!

Thanks!!!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
knewcleardaze said:
Who ARE these people that go to this sort of hootenanny?
$100 K to sit at the head table? :confused:

These three ******bags. The guy on the left was Hincapie's 1st lawyer, before he figured out he was a lance groupie and ditched him so he would not commit perjury

2vkaq6t.jpg

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I too refuse to watch the video. My only comment is that anyone expecting a "confession" from Armstrong does not see the big picture. LANCE ARMSTRONG CANNOT CONFESS. Doing so would leave him without any defense to various civil and criminal legal actions.

On the civil side, SCA Promotions and the Sunday Times. With accumulated interest and lawyers fees, this amounts to nearly $10 Million. He would also me open to libel suits from various parties.

On the criminal side, perjury, conspiracy, drug trafficking and fraud...

TRENDING THREADS