• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance The Team Mate:

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Lance would not be a first choice for anyone to have on his/her team to actually be a team mate. Alberto is correct in thinking that Lance is NOT on the team to support his efforts to be this year's champ.

Just look at him on the start line: Different helmet, different bike, different shoe-covers. He even wore a different jersey (Livestrong instead of Astana) during the warm up on the trainer.

He's doing everything he can to make himself stand out. It speaks to his self centred attitude towards the rest of the team.

I think his attitude is going to be detrimental to the success of Astana, essentially breaking it into two camps.

All these years he's droned on about having a strong, dedicated team to support him. Now, when he is called upon to support someone else? He looks the other way.

It's so frustrating to witness.

May 19, 2009
Visit site
xxccllcc said:
Lance would not be a first choice for anyone to have on his/her team to actually be a team mate. Alberto is correct in thinking that Lance is NOT on the team to support his efforts to be this year's champ.

Just look at him on the start line: Different helmet, different bike, different shoe-covers. He even wore a different jersey (Livestrong instead of Astana) during the warm up on the trainer.

He's doing everything he can to make himself stand out. It speaks to his self centred attitude towards the rest of the team.

I think his attitude is going to be detrimental to the success of Astana, essentially breaking it into two camps.

All these years he's droned on about having a strong, dedicated team to support him. Now, when he is called upon to support someone else? He looks the other way.

Yeah, you're right. Lance is 7 tour de france yellow jerseys different than the rest.

A

Anonymous

RightWingNutJob said:
surely this deserves an award.

13zo39z.png

?

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
from lance's twitter

"And they might need to repair the pavement on the sections where Alberto was pulling. All in all, great day"

anyone want to read anything into that? :eek:

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Not defending Lance, but...

Not defending Lance, but...

Whatever you may think of his actions, he is on record as saying multiple times that he will ride for Contador if it comes to that. He has talked about the unwritten rule of cycling that you put personal ambitions aside and ride for the strongest rider on the road. I think he said he would be the world's strongest domestique.

Again, you may not think his actions on the road imply this, but he has at least said it. I'm not sure if Alberto has said anything similar. Does anyone know? Will Alberto put personal ambitions aside if he is not the strongest rider on the road?

Just a thought. Now I'm off to ride...

workingclasshero said:
from lance's twitter

"And they might need to repair the pavement on the sections where Alberto was pulling. All in all, great day"

Means he's giving Berto props for some very hard pulls. I will have to tip my hat to LA for saying something sportsmanlike for the first time this Tour.

A

Anonymous

Seriously? Look at Contador, in his fancy yellow/red outfit Spanish outfit.

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:

You are killing it today man. I think you need to be dope tested because you have taken things to a whole new level very quickly. See, EPO does work!

A

Anonymous

BikeCentric said:
Means he's giving Berto props for some very hard pulls. I will have to tip my hat to LA for saying something sportsmanlike for the first time this Tour.

Yea, I have to say that it is nice to see he finally tipped his hat to that particular teammate.

A

Anonymous

BikeCentric said:

Yea, I have to say that it is nice to see he finally tipped his hat to that particular teammate.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
xxccllcc said:

Let's see...

- Lance gets no pay from Astana
- so does he really have to wear Astana kit warming up?
- Lance is very vocal about LIVESTRONG being his focus
- Lance rode smarter then Senior Alberto yesterday...
- Alberto makes tactical mistakes ALOT!

NOW lets see how Alberto does if he has to play second fiddle to Lance. Not to mention he is a whiner. Think Levi's TT at the Vuelta. Alberto won on bonus time alone...period.

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
from lance's twitter

It's a term Armstrong has used before to describe a strong performance, esp in a TT--he was "tearing up the road" with his ride.

Obviously, for whatever reasons, Armstrong is making sure to put on a good public show of support for Contador. Sincere? Contrived? Both? Who knows--it's like a Rorschach test--everyone will project their own outlook into the interpretation.

I do know that Armstrong has always said he loves the TTT and takes special pride in winning them.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
CircleJerkCaptain said:
Seriously? Look at Contador, in his fancy yellow/red outfit Spanish outfit.

You're required to wear that uniform if you're the TT champion of your country. All TT champions where a different uniform in the time trials.

Of course you knew that Contador was the Spanish national time trial champion right?

BikeCentric said:
Yeah, and it's the first time he even managed to mention AC on twitter in a long time. He didn't even tweet a congrats when AC won the Spanish TT.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Yeah, and it's the first time he even managed to mention AC on twitter in a long time. He didn't even tweet a congrats when AC won the Spanish TT.

Yea, classless. I'm pretty sure he's the team leader in his mind at this point so he can throw some props AC's way.

TRENDING THREADS