• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance v. USADA--Legal Subthread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Race Radio said:

...and underscore irrefutably that this is entirely a PR campaign on Lance's part.

This may be picked up in the monster thread, but deserves a reference here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444330904577537673199762652.html#articleTabs=article

Antidoping Group Fires Back at Armstrong

"...in court documents filed Thursday, USADA's attorneys included previously undisclosed emails they say show Mr. Armstrong's attorneys argued the exact opposite in another lawsuit over his Tour de France bonuses about seven years ago. "

Dave.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
veganrob said:
Wow. I chuckled reading through all that. Lances attorneys really are that stupid?

Arrogance can make people very stupid, but this does seem to go beyond stupid. Perhaps nobody was around from the 2005 days? Even still, current counsel should have looked thru 2005 SCA testimony before filing any motions...

May 27, 2012
Visit site
veganrob said:
Wow. I chuckled reading through all that. Lances attorneys really are that stupid?

Keep in mind that when your client wants to fight, you have to fight with what you have. They don't have much, but they have to fight with it. I can hear Armstrong screeching profanity into the phone telling them to "just ****ing do something, that is what I ****ing pay you for!!!'

May 27, 2012
Visit site
veganrob said:

Then again, adding in stupid **** like "500-600 tests" just shows p*ss poor planning. Seeing that you were going to have that thrown back in your face should have been a pretty easy call.

ChewbaccaD said:
Keep in mind that when your client wants to fight, you have to fight with what you have. They don't have much, but they have to fight with it. I can hear Armstrong screeching profanity into the phone telling them to "just ****ing do something, that is what I ****ing pay you for!!!'

Of course, you are correct. Now we wait for Sparks decision and comments. Hope it is as good as the previous.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:

Would you not want to view previous court actions regarding a client, if only for consistency's sake?

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Turner29 said:
Would you not want to view previous court actions regarding a client, if only for consistency's sake?

To me, the complaint filed by Armstrong's attorneys spoke more of being rushed to get something done rather than being highly paid idiots. Maybe I am giving them too much credit, but the whole thing read of "we have to get something filed, and we have to do it now."

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
To me, the complaint filed by Armstrong's attorneys spoke more of being rushed to get something done rather than being highly paid idiots. Maybe I am giving them too much credit, but the whole thing read of "we have to get something filed, and we have to do it now."

Patton Boggs, Luskin etc. are looking more like a smoke screen. They are the front men hired to "Scare" USADA but it is Tim Herman in the back room typing this stuff up with his sausage like fingers.

Billable hours

ChewbaccaD said:

Armstrong's lawyers have been playing so fast and loose with the truth that we probably should not take Armstrong's fourth place swim result as fact. Has anyone verified it? He may have only been seventh.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Patton Boggs, Luskin etc. are looking more like a smoke screen. They are the front men hired to "Scare" USADA but it is Tim Herman in the back room typing this stuff up with his sausage like fingers.

Billable hours

And USADA hasn't blinked. The confidence that comes through everything they do gives me great hope.

A

Anonymous

ChewbaccaD said:
And USADA hasn't blinked. The confidence that comes through everything they do gives me great hope.

Yes. Not only have they not blinked, LA's remaining knad is in Tygarts vise and Travis keeps turning it tighter and tighter.

This is no longer death by 1000 cuts.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable LA is nowadays.

TRENDING THREADS