• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance's latest paint job

Do you like Lance Armstrong's special Giro paint job?

• Thumbs down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Okay, it's time to pass verdict on Lance Armstrong's Giro d'Italia paint scheme. Who loves it and who loathes it?

Personally, I get the idea behind it and like that he's mixing it up a little (as one of the few riders allowed such extreme variations), but this scheme just isn't doing it for me.
Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Where is the option for those of us who are so sick of round the clock Armstrong coverage that we do not even want to hear about such a ridiculously stupid thing? What is next? Coverage of his hairstyle?

+1

As if the Madone wasnt **** ugly enough already......

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Where is the option for those of us who are so sick of round the clock Armstrong coverage that we do not even want to hear about such a ridiculously stupid thing? What is next? Coverage of his hairstyle?

BroDeal, I would have thought you'd already started or participated in enough threads along those lines to know where to do to share such thoughts. :p

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Okay, it's time to pass verdict on Lance Armstrong's Giro d'Italia paint scheme. Who loves it and who loathes it?

Personally, I get the idea behind it and like that he's mixing it up a little (as one of the few riders allowed such extreme variations), but this scheme just isn't doing it for me.
Cheers
Greg Johnson
They should have put the $ into the rear derailleur(that broke on that stage).

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
Omg!!!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

What were they thinking...
It'll turn a few heads... and no doubt a few stomachs too

I'm sure it's finished beautifully, however thats still no excuse!
Garish, gruesome, repugnant, disgusting, nauseating, repulsive... get my drift?

Please stop...

May 14, 2009
Visit site
No taste machine

Could you ever imagine the Cannibal or the Badger turning up on the start line with such a nasty concoction...... I hear from friends viewing Eurosport that Sean Kelly says it makes him want to throw up...... LA go back to the white paint job ASAP.

Mar 15, 2009
www.frameforum.org
Not really a paint job, is it? More a decal job.
Stickers over a base color then glossed.
Not really challenging for the painter, is it?
'Real' paint jobs aren't what you'd normally find on a Trek, unless a repaint or a contracted out 'special'.
Looks like even the 'specials' been ditched in favour of stickers.

This, on the other hand, IS paint...

1_06_11_08_1_45_20_3.jpeg

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
frameforum said:
Not really a paint job, is it? More a decal job.
Stickers over a base color then glossed.
Not really challenging for the painter, is it?
'Real' paint jobs aren't what you'd normally find on a Trek, unless a repaint or a contracted out 'special'.
Looks like even the 'specials' been ditched in favour of stickers.

I think it looks absolutly disgusting, I hate the look of it, but not sure it isn't hand painted, since http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2...es/lance_armstrong_trek_livestrong09/IMG_1755 was.

Mar 15, 2009
www.frameforum.org
Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

He does need a haircut. He got a baby afro going towards the end of the Giro.

May 22, 2009
Visit site
not a fan. please ride a normal team bike/a bike with less crazy colour schemes...
isn't there a UCI rule pertaining to team gear/bikes and the liveries?

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
Could you ever imagine the Cannibal or the Badger turning up on the start line with such a nasty concoction

Nope. They didn't ride in black socks either though, so we are clearly looking at two very different concepts of taste.

TRENDING THREADS