• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance's Team 1010 Dominant?

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
After scouring the internet for hours I have found this to be the list of riders planning on signing with "the shack". I would like to know what people think of the team thus far. (If you want specific sources pm me)

Jose Luis Rubiera - 36 Years old
Levi Leipheimer - 36 Years old
Sergio Paulinho - 29 Years old
Gert Steegmans - 28 Years old
Ben Hermans - 23 Years old
Sebastien Rosseler - 28 Years old

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I doubt they'll have much luck in 1010. For one they are going to need a time machine. Two, the roads aren't paved in 1010. Plus, they likely would be killed by the Gauls.

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Max Cadence said:
I doubt they'll have much luck in 1010. For one they are going to need a time machine. Two, the roads aren't paved in 1010. Plus, they likely would be killed by the Gauls.

no way Lance would kick the krap outa a bunch af gauls there just like french after all theyd just sarender to Him anyway

A

Anonymous

Max Cadence said:

Now THAT is a tour I would like to watch!!!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
they might have a decent TT team by the looks of it. I can only assume LA is basing this around a 10' Tour TTT.
I'd like to see shack sign riders for reasons outside the tour, not that I care if they do well or not.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
"Two, the roads aren't paved in 1010. Plus, they likely would be killed by the Gauls."

----------------------------------------------------------------

That's a classic; I'm keeping that one for a long time!!

Andre:cool:

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
they might have a decent TT team by the looks of it. I can only assume LA is basing this around a 10' Tour TTT.
I'd like to see shack sign riders for reasons outside the tour, not that I care if they do well or not.
They should have a very good team for stage races with Levi and Lance and probably Kloden. Not a one day race team though.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Also with Steegmans as their number one sprinter the Shack are not going to feature in a bunch gallop. The only dominating team for the flat stages next year will be Columbia but hopefully Garmin, Lampre and Vacansoleil (Bozic working with R. Feilleu should be interesting) will be able to break the Cavendish/Greipel stranglehold.

Of course having gone back in time 1000 years I guess it will come down to whether the UCI will allow the use of cutting edge technology like steel horse shoes and spurs:)...

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
Also with Steegmans as their number one sprinter the Shack are not going to feature in a bunch gallop. The only dominating team for the flat stages next year will be Columbia but hopefully Garmin, Lampre and Vacansoleil (Bozic working with R. Feilleu should be interesting) will be able to break the Cavendish/Greipel stranglehold.

Greipel is probably Cavendish's biggest threat (in years to come). Thus he should really leave imo. when does his contract end?

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Max Cadence said:

On the other hand, most of the Shacks riders were in their prime in 1010.

Gauls

Max Cadence said:

I scoured the internet for minutes, because I knew the Gauls peaked around Julius Caesar's era, perhaps they could have raced the tdf on chariots. There was a pretty good hbo series on rome that serves as a good primer for undereducated types like me. Check it out.

Sooo....what was going on in merry old France in 1010? It was good times for France.

"Between 1000 and 1400, the kingdoms of the Franks, divided among many leaders, become the kingdom of France, which emerges under the Capetian dynasty as one of the most prosperous, powerful, and prestigious in Christendom." They had one King who hired a Public relations firm, the King was known as Philip the Fair.
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ht/07/euwf/ht07euwf.htm

In the 900's there were several Norse invasions.

Thor....do you know anything about this...... ??

So back to the Gauls and the TDF, the tdf of 10 ad could feature attacks by the gauls. Not 1010.

Why do I feel like I am the only one who could possibly care?:confused:

TRENDING THREADS