• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis case twist: hacking lab computer

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Floyd Landis and his coach, Arnie Baker, were no-shows at a scheduled May 5 court appearance in France regarding allegations of hacking. The French laboratory that tested samples from Landis's Tour de France race in 2006 and found evidence of doping experienced an intrusion in which several documents were copied. eMail messages s****ed to appear to be coming from the lab were sent to various people; the documents suggested that the lab had previously made errors in sample testing. A recipient performed a history search on one of the documents that identified a previous user as "Arnie." The intrusion and document theft was allegedly carried out by a man named Alain Quiros, who was paid by a company called Kargas Consultants, but a direct link between Baker or Landis and the intrusion has not been made.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stor...ndis215559-landis-case-twist-hacking-lab-com/

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Sorry about that, I missed it.

I think I just got over excited that I got something interesting in a work email. I did think the newspaper article gave some interesting detail.