• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis cheated his fans out of money aswell

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
tidean said:
I have just started reading this, http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/columns/story?columnist=caple_jim&id=5209704
what do you reckon, is he a hypocritical doping cheat & stoooopid to boot.

Could you point me in the direction of an honest, non hypocritical and not cheating doper?

I do feel sympathy for those who financially supported FLs defense - even if I question their judgment.
Floyd's doping and subsequent confession has hurt those who believed in him - but for those that donated it must leave a very bitter taste in the mouth.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Could you point me in the direction of an honest, non hypocritical and not cheating doper?

I do feel sympathy for those who financially supported FLs defense - even if I question their judgment.
Floyd's doping and subsequent confession has hurt those who believed in him - but for those that donated it must leave a very bitter taste in the mouth.

Well Riis was initially very honest when asked whether he used doping...

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
all cheaters are cheaters yes but some take the lying and cheating to the next level. yes there is a difference between simply doping and being caught or being caught and fighting it writing books having funds setup so fans can give you money and then there is the lemond child abuse thing. yeah floyds a real class act all around. regardless of if what he says is true i dont see it going far hes been proven to be too much of a blatant liar and unscrupulous individual no different than his enemy la.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
If Landis confessed with regards to the 2006 Tour, would he be in danger of having to pay back all the money he raised in his defence?

Landis is paying back to his donors by doing more good than he committed bad. I hope. At least he's exposing himself, coming clean. Who is thinking he is lieing about confessing to have cheated all along? Landis is more believable about his own doping than current riders are about theirs. Chew on that for a second.

Giving back more than I stole, that's how I'd do it myself in his position I think and hope. On top of that though, I would work my whole life (boring office job or motivationa speaking) to give all donations back. I can deal with debt, bad mojo. Donations aren't a one-way street per se. No-one just ever gives money back. Donations are based on rust. Violate that, and you should be expected to return the money. Betrayal shouldn't pay.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
Landis is paying back to his donors by doing more good than he committed bad. I hope. At least he's exposing himself, coming clean. Who is thinking he is lieing about confessing to have cheated all along? Landis is more believable about his own doping than current riders are about theirs. Chew on that for a second.

Giving back more than I stole, that's how I'd do it myself in his position I think and hope. On top of that though, I would work my whole life (boring office job or motivationa speaking) to give all donations back. I can deal with debt, bad mojo. Donations aren't a one-way street per se. No-one just ever gives money back. Donations are based on rust. Violate that, and you should be expected to return the money. Betrayal shouldn't pay.

I just want my $25 back for the stinking lying book I bought on Amazon.com by Floyd Landis. The book positivly false. I do not support cheaters and hackers.

flicker said:
I just want my $25 back for the stinking lying book I bought on Amazon.com by Floyd Landis. The book positivly false. I do not support cheaters and hackers.

crying-baby.jpg

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

Whine much? Consider it a learning experience.

Do you follow politics and contribute? Do you demand refunds from them as well?

Go for it and let us know how it turns out.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
landis is a piece of crap put simply. yes those who sent money were unwise or naive sure. but what he did is really low if that cannot be seen by everyone thats sad. what he has said may certainly be true but regardless without evidence it wont go too far hes a proven blatant liar.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I figure that anyone dumb enough to donate to FLandis' defense pretty much deserves to have his money taken. A fool and his money are soon parted.

look at it this way, the T Shirt one got with the donation is worth more now

A

Anonymous

You meaning to tell me that people bought positively false not realising they were in the fiction department?

If you bought positively false honestly believing that Landis was clean and stitched up you need a brain transplant.

A guy on RBR last year was telling a story about still believing in Tyler, even after the DHEA. He was holding his kid in his arms and Tyler gave the child a high five. 'A doped up rider with something to hide would not do this' said the man. He also asked if people knew of a Tyler fund he could give money to. If this is the type of person that gave money to Floyd, their children need to be taken away for their own safety.

forty four said:
landis is a piece of crap put simply. yes those who sent money were unwise or naive sure. but what he did is really low if that cannot be seen by everyone thats sad. what he has said may certainly be true but regardless without evidence it wont go too far hes a proven blatant liar.

So is Armstrong. Armstrong has been conclusively proved to have used EPO in 1999, yet he continues to lie about being clean. He sells books promoting his clean riding fantasy, and he uses his lies to con people into giving to his foundation. I don't see a lot of difference between the two.

Ginkgo

BANNED
May 22, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
So is Armstrong. Armstrong has been conclusively proved to have used EPO in 1999, yet he continues to lie about being clean. He sells books promoting his clean riding fantasy, and he uses his lies to con people into giving to his foundation. I don't see a lot of difference between the two.

what did the analysis of the B samples show?

i don't think the comparison between donating to a cancer charity is quite the same thing.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ginkgo said:
what did the analysis of the B samples show?

i don't think the comparison between donating to a cancer charity is quite the same thing.

well that depends, I guess we could regard the first positive as A then I suppose we have B, C, D, E and F also.

Ginkgo

BANNED
May 22, 2010
Visit site
karlboss said:
well that depends, I guess we could regard the first positive as A then I suppose we have B, C, D, E and F also.

can't have a positive test without counter analysis of the B sample. just a fact.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ginkgo said:
can't have a positive test without counter analysis of the B sample. just a fact.

Doc, should I even bother?

On another point, Landis cheating fans out of money...I doubt any real fans, real fans would have known the score. I guess only eastern bloc and chinese athletes dope though.
I feel sorry that some lost money, but don't blame floyd blame yourself...and if you don't agree i know some nice nigerian guys who'd like your bank account details so they can move money through it and leave you a million.

TRENDING THREADS