• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Larry Warbasse

Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
jmdirt said:
USA CHAMP!!

Well I guess that settles the "does he deserve a thread" question. What a great couple of weeks for him. Also what a signing he has been for Aqua Blue Sport.

Wait,what?

Does Gregory Daniel, Matthew Busche and Eric Marcotte also deserve their own threads?

I know everyone it entitled to open a thread as he/she pleases and then let the popular demand decide if the thread should stay on the first page or three,but some posters in here have very low standards IMO.
No discussion initiated,just stating facts.

Kudos to Warbasse on his two recent wins,but he's as average as they come,and personally I'd much rather open a thread for the promising Powless (which I wont).

Re: Re:

Kazistuta said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
jmdirt said:
USA CHAMP!!

Well I guess that settles the "does he deserve a thread" question. What a great couple of weeks for him. Also what a signing he has been for Aqua Blue Sport.

Wait,what?

Does Gregory Daniel, Matthew Busche and Eric Marcotte also deserve their own threads?

I know everyone it entitled to open a thread as he/she pleases and then let the popular demand decide if the thread should stay on the first page or three,but some posters in here have very low standards IMO.
No discussion initiated,just stating facts.

Kudos to Warbasse on his two recent wins,but he's as average as they come,and personally I'd much rather open a thread for the promising Powless (which I wont).

When Daniel, Busche or Marcotte win a WT race and a national championships in a few days, then I certainly won't be whining about them having a thread of their own. I wouldn't complain about a Powless thread either, although a general Axeon kids thread would probably be more useful.

As for Warbasse being average as they come, his last two weeks give him a better palmares than an average rider manages in a career. I think it's likely that his recent breakthrough will gain him both the confidence and the team support to go on and take more big wins. Maybe I'm wrong and this is as good as it gets, in which case I hope he enjoys his moment.

Granted, the win in Switzerland was impressive, but a national title in USA doesn't represent any real value to me, considering the competition and former winners.

I have nothing against Warbasse personally, but if the OP can't even think of any real debating points, it's just another pointless thread. A lot of riders generate results at some point in their career, and as this is a discussion forum, maybe the OP would be wise to generate some discussion points. Well, now it generated discussion due to my own admission :p

Re:

Kazistuta said:
Granted, the win in Switzerland was impressive, but a national title in USA doesn't represent any real value to me, considering the competition and former winners.

I have nothing against Warbasse personally, but if the OP can't even think of any real debating points, it's just another pointless thread. A lot of riders generate results at some point in their career, and as this is a discussion forum, maybe the OP would be wise to generate some discussion points. Well, now it generated discussion due to my own admission :p
The OP has two talking points (reading comprehension?). If you don't like the thread let it die instead of posting to it. I don't think that each race needs 3+ different threads, nor do riders need multiple threads...maybe I'll start a thread about it.

TRENDING THREADS