• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lars Boom to Telenet-Fidea

In an interview with Sven Nys for the belgian magazin Humo, Nys indicates he's negotiating with Boom to come back to cyclocross.

Boom apparently isn't that motivated anymore for the road races : he has a family with kids, has to be out of house for too long periods, finds he has to much risks for an accident on the road etc.

He hasn't signed yet but Nys says that Boom has a new interest in cyclocross...

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160301_02157741

Terrific news.

With Mathieu staying and Boom coming back, I'm just already looking forward to September, for the new season to start.

Road cycling is a thing of the past. The future of cycling is cyclocross and mountainbike.

Echoes said:
Terrific news.

With Mathieu staying and Boom coming back, I'm just already looking forward to September, for the new season to start.

Road cycling is a thing of the past. The future of cycling is cyclocross and mountainbike.

Most hilarious poster of the forum. I imagine you sitting on the couch all bitter. :D

on topic: I wouldn't mind Boom back in the cross, but I think he'll have a hard time with Aerts and v.d. Poel.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
WTF, people actually enjoy wating XC MTB? It's fun to ride, but who wants to watch those short circuit races, I find them pretty boring, but I'v always been more of a Marathon guy tbh.
Back to Boom, if that's the thing that he enjoys the most than he should go for it, money shouldn't be a big problem for him.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
WTF, people actually enjoy wating XC MTB? It's fun to ride, but who wants to watch those short circuit races, I find them pretty boring, but I'v always been more of a Marathon guy tbh.

I find them enjoyable. Fun to ride too. It's my opinion and loving mountainbike is an inalienable and indefeasible right of the human person.

Some here are sure to know how I feel, it's patronizing. :eek: :rolleyes: I'm just wondering if I'll ever be entitled to voice an opinion without adhominems in return. It's unhealthy.

TRENDING THREADS