• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Last great rider without a victory.

Last to taste victory this season

• Wiggins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Same as team thread only 10 riders carefully selected based on previous seasons.

Contador, Valverde, Cavendish (2) Greipel and of course Slagter, have all shown tremendous class to grind out a victory already, despite being in warmup mode.

So to praise those who do turn it up even when only at 60%, and shame those who won't, which of the heavyweights of our sport will be the last to score a victory this season (looking at Nibalis 2011 season, perhaps not even score 1 at all)

Andy Schleck did not make the list purely on the basis that everyone would vote for him rendering the thread a waste of my time.

Hejsedal did not make the list on a coin toss from Nibali, and also because I thought too many people may vote for him.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Andy Schleck did not make the list purely on the basis that everyone would vote for him rendering the thread a waste of my time.

That was good for a lol.

I think Wiggins, btw does a team time trial win actually count for this?

I think it'll also take a while for nibali and froome although nibali should win at least a stage in the giro.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Froome or Wiggins, I'll go with Froome since he isn't peaking until the Tour. I could also see it being Evans, if he really is past his prime.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I think so to. I also dont consider t.martin a great rider, but granted with TT he is I guess.

Who would you have in his place. There had to be 10 and Contador Valverde and Cav who are possibly the first 3 names that come into ones head are gone.

Hejsedal maybe. Samuel Sanchez but hes just coming back from a lost season. EBH and Degenkolb not there yet.

I dont see anyone else who could challenge the 2 time defending tt champion and winner of what has to by now be about half a dozen stage races including some wt ones.

auscyclefan94 said:
I voted Cadel. I think he will take a victory somewhere around March to April. He may take a little longer to get his form back up.

If he wins in March I dont think hell lose this. Nibali will probably need to do it in some 1 day race somewhere, Rodriguez often takes a while to warmup, god knows when Wiggins will ride his first tt and Froome has never shown anything outside a gt (except ott which isnt here)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:

At least you forgot to take Evans out, he'll do for now :D

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
As much as I do not like saying it there is a real possibility that Evans is so far past his best he might not win another race.

I think all the others will win something sometime in the future.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:
As much as I do not like saying it there is a real possibility that Evans is so far past his best he might not win another race.

I think all the others will win something sometime in the future.

A bit dramatic, don't you think? Calm down people. While I believe that he is past his best, he is still a very very good rider. 3 months of illness and another 3 resting and training for 2013 should set him up quite well. He will be fresh.

the asian said:
Obviously between Cadel & Froome.

Cadel will be winless this season and Froome will also struggle this season, but will have a remote possibility of a stage win in the Tour or Dauphine.

So the vote goes to Cadel.

I'm very confident Froome will win something at the Tour, but he might not win anything until then.

TRENDING THREADS