• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Last WorldTeam to get a victory - 2022 edition

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
One year didn’t a team go till like June before their first win?

I don't know about June but LottoNL-Jumbo once had to wait until Tour de Yorkshire in May. That was in 2015, the last year in the pre-Roglic era. Also, Taco's Giro stage was Intermarché's first last year. Let's say they have had a slightly different start this time around...

Reactions: Sandisfan and yaco
I don't know about June but LottoNL-Jumbo once had to wait until Tour de Yorkshire in May. That was in 2015, the last year in the pre-Roglic era. Also, Taco's Giro stage was Intermarché's first last year. Let's say they have had a slightly different start this time around...
Maybe I’m thinking of them but I thought one went longer. Maybe they weren’t a WT team. Who the heck knows. I just remember it started a whole thing on seeing when they’d finally win.

Maybe I’m thinking of them but I thought one went longer. Maybe they weren’t a WT team. Who the heck knows. I just remember it started a whole thing on seeing when they’d finally win.

There are often non-WT teams who haven't won once in a year. Last year, for example, Equipo Kern Pharma and Burgos-BH didn't win (a pro race).

Last edited:
DSM yet to take its first podium.

For those intrested, following teams have already won a WT-race:

Quick step (2)
UAE (6)
Jumbo Visma (3)
INEOS (1)
Lotto Soudal (1)
EF1 (1)
Trek (1)

Arkea (1)
TDE (1)
Alpecin (3)
Gazprom (1)

Pretty crazy that four ProTeams have already won on the WorldTour.

WT teams other than UAE and Jumbo - 6
UAE - 6
ProTeams - 6
Jumbo - 3

This will be a tight battle.

Last edited: