• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Last WT team to get a win - 2023 edition

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will be the last WT team to get a win in 2023?

• Ag2R

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Alpecin

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Arkea

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Astana

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • DSM

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Groupama

• Intermarche

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Movistar

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Soudal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trek

• Total voters
Okay… now I’m confused. Never paid much attention to this topic in past seasons. So are now the last team that won instead of the last team to actually win a race?
I suspect the intention of such threads that started many years ago might have been different, but the question says "the last team to get a win", not "the team that will stay winless for the longest". A team with 0 wins can't be the last team to win because they didn't win.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I suspect the intention of such threads that started many years ago might have been different, but the question says "the last team to get a win", not "the team that will stay winless for the longest". A team with 0 wins can't be the last team to win because they didn't win.

These threads still have that intention. Movistar is out.

Ignore the comedy geniuses that claim otherwise.

These threads still have that intention. Movistar is out.

Ignore the comedy geniuses that claim otherwise.

I agree. The other way of counting is reserved solely for the Last WT Team to get a WT Win polls. Mainly because it's quite unlikely that a WT team goes a whole season without a single win, whereas a WT team going a whole season without a WT win has been known to happen.

But we can still use both versions when declaring a team out/in the lead.

Reactions: Sandisfan
We're not through January yet and only have five teams running. FDJ, Arkea, AG2R, Alpecin and Astana.
Alpecin will get a win with Philipsen or another rider soon, and the French teams have their real season opener the coming week. Wll be a real suprprise if Astana will not be the last team.

Last edited:
Would Arkea or AG2R be that big of a surprise?
Arkea flew out of the traps last year and AG2R's main riders all have an incentive to be good early in the season. Having said that, the obvious shouts going out this early was always going to increase the chances of a French team winning this given that we're still a few weeks away from the cheaper wins on the domestic calendar that usually prevent them from doing so.

Arkea flew out of the traps last year and AG2R's main riders all have an incentive to be good early in the season. Having said that, the obvious shouts going out this early was always going to increase the chances of a French team winning this given that we're still a few weeks away from the cheaper wins on the domestic calendar that usually prevent them from doing so.

They started really well pointswise last year and with Quintana mainly. Their only actual winner is gone and Capiot is injured. They have a lot of decent promising guys but not a guy who wins easily. I voted for them.