• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour 2010 presentation - Did Contador shake hands with Armstrong?

There are lots of pictures of Armstrong/Contador shaking hands with other riders [eg Cavendish .. etc]

But

Can anyone produce a photo of Contador and Armstrong shaking hands or talking to each other at the Le Tour 2010 presentation?

If not, then I am looking forward to one Fantastic showdown in 2010?

Let's get ready to Rrrrrrrruuuuuuummmmmbbbbbllllleeeee !!!!!

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/cgi/g...s.com/photos/races10/tdf10/tdf10pres-ouch.jpg
gallerypicget.asp

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
bladerunner said:
There are lots of pictures of Armstrong/Contador shaking hands with other riders [eg Cavendish .. etc]

But

Can anyone produce a photo of Contador and Armstrong shaking hands or talking to each other at the Le Tour 2010 presentation?

If not, then I am looking forward to one Fantastic showdown in 2010?

Let's get ready to Rrrrrrrruuuuuuummmmmbbbbbllllleeeee !!!!!

Handshake or not, there won't be any rumble. The ground will tilt up and Contador and the Schlecklet and a few others will go fast, and Armstrong will stay behind and Twitter.

Although I am curious to see how the light climbers are going to handle the cobbles. That could be ugly.

Ferminal said:
Contador has a wry smile, LA almost seems intimidated (or disinterested a la podium).

There does seem to be an interesting dynamic going on! It's almost like Contador went over to shake Lance's hand and was suprised when he actually did, but then wasn't sure if he should be insulted when Lance didn't even get up. Lance for his part knew he was trapped and had to shake even though it was the last thing he wanted to do, because everyone was watching.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
According to Cycling Weekly's live coverage AC shook LA's hand but hugged Schleck.

Which is probably journos making something out of nothing, but in either case handshake or not it's pretty clear there's no love lost.

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Surprised?

Ferminal said:
Contador has a wry smile, LA almost seems intimidated (or disinterested a la podium).

Looks to me like Armstrong was surprised - and he would rather Contador would have ignored him (mutually)... I'd say Contador has the upper hand at this point in the psycho warfare.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Rupert said:
Looks to me like Armstrong was surprised - and he would rather Contador would have ignored him (mutually)... I'd say Contador has the upper hand at this point in the psycho warfare.

That picture spoke thousand words, def agree with you.

God job AC!

Rupert said:

Quick, Robin, to the twitter account! I think LA's future as a poker player is in serious jeopardy. people with class can figure out a way to put on the mask.

Advantage, ac

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Agreed , unlikely that LA at 38 can climb with Schleck or Contador, but depending on the conditions, the cobbles could be the great equalizer. Some contenders might have a very short Tour.

smalldive said:
Agreed , unlikely that LA at 38 can climb with Schleck or Contador, but depending on the conditions, the cobbles could be the great equalizer. Some contenders might have a very short Tour.

Yep. As E-40 (an American rap artist) said, "Anybody can get it." That includes AC, AS, and LA.

Sprocket01

BANNED
Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Contador caught Armstrong in a good position - sitting down and unable to use power body language. He had no choice but to receive the shake on Contador's terms.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Sprocket01 said:
Contador caught Armstrong in a good position - sitting down and unable to use power body language. He had no choice but to receive the shake on Contador's terms.

Looks like Armstrong might be in the process of getting out of his seat.

I like this one... http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races10/tdf10/tdf10pres-map.jpg So, did Andy only find out about the presentation 10 minutes in advance? Buy a proper suit boy.

TRENDING THREADS