• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour 2019 stage 15: Limoux - Foix Prat d'Albis 185 km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
stage
Clipboard.jpg

what an insane stage!!!
Kudos to S Yates
Kudos to Landani & MoviStar- great tactics
Kudos to Pinot - so much courage & panache!

G, Bernal & Ineos better get their act together soon, because LVJ, DFfJ & Movistar are making their moves count big time!

Alaphilippe? incredible - as in -difficult to believe- :D but the man was able to hang on :lol:

This Tour is turning into a special one :)

Re: Re:

Scarponi said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Such a shame that rat is the one who wins a stage of this calibre.
Agreed.
I think Simon Yates is a very worthy winner of a stage in this calibre. I think he is an aggressive and opportunistic rider when he has the legs - he has shown that on multiple occasions. Im not that fond of his brother at all, but Simon, despite he well known Giro-comment, I like.

Pantani Attacks said:
Arnout said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Disappointing tactics from Bernal, but a great result for him.

What would’ve been better tactics?

Disappointing in the sense he wouldn't help Pinot when he ****** the elbow and then had the nerve to flick the elbow to Buchmann and follow wheels. Doesn't need to be another Quintana.

What did Pinot do with his elbow? CN forum sensor going crazy?

Re:

Akuryo said:
Alaphilippe did not lose that much, he is still in a really good situation right now. He showed first signs of weakness but not a complete meltdown as of yet!

Luckily tomorrow is a rest day and after that there are 2 rather easy stages. He should be able to recover enough I think and who knows how Pinot and Bernal are feeling in 3rd week. I think that he still has a very good chance to win.

Pantani Attacks said:
Arnout said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Disappointing tactics from Bernal, but a great result for him.

What would’ve been better tactics?

Disappointing in the sense he wouldn't help Pinot when he ****** the elbow and then had the nerve to flick the elbow to Buchmann and follow wheels. Doesn't need to be another Quintana.

You expect Bernal to work against Thomas? Seriously?

Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Ala should have let Pinot go instead of following

He definitely blew up trying to follow. That may have been a learning experience for him. But now his time advantage isn't big enough that he can let everyone go. He has to be careful about which attacks he marks.

RattaKuningas said:
Akuryo said:
Alaphilippe did not lose that much, he is still in a really good situation right now. He showed first signs of weakness but not a complete meltdown as of yet!

Luckily tomorrow is a rest day and after that there are 2 rather easy stages. He should be able to recover enough I think and who knows how Pinot and Bernal are feeling in 3rd week. I think that he still has a very good chance to win.

I respectfully disagree, looking at the Alp stages Thursday to Saturday, I don’t think he is going to make the top five. Hope I’m wrong but he cracked pretty bad today. Fought like a lion though.

TRENDING THREADS