• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Le Tour teams presentation

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Loved the Team Presentation

Super excited - Hope there are no crashes :)

Happy that LeMonde is staying with the Team

And a Green Jersey for CAV ! ! ! ! ! (Would settle for another Champs Elysees win )

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Carols said:
Nairo was literally grinning through the entire thing. He must be feeling good!
He waited 2 years for this chance I think he is really happy, fingers crossed for first week :)

Good presentation btw, except that clown with mic :rolleyes: ...those dancing crazy guys in helmets were ..crazy :D

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Electress said:
As always these things more than slightly cringworthy. Must say Sky have those worrying lollypop headed look about them. Alberto looked pensive, Petr like the lost BeeGee.
This is the first time I watched one of these (saw it on YouTube). I must agree, it was incredibly awkward. The riders looked completely disinterested in all the shenanigans they were "forced" to take part in, and the interviews were just painful. Even if everyone spoke the same language (some of these guys were clearly struggling with English), this would have been awkward, but with the various language problems, coupled with how weird the whole thing was, it was somewhat painful to watch!

IamIronMan said:
Electress said:
As always these things more than slightly cringworthy. Must say Sky have those worrying lollypop headed look about them. Alberto looked pensive, Petr like the lost BeeGee.
This is the first time I watched one of these (saw it on YouTube). I must agree, it was incredibly awkward. The riders looked completely disinterested in all the shenanigans they were "forced" to take part in, and the interviews were just painful. Even if everyone spoke the same language (some of these guys were clearly struggling with English), this would have been awkward, but with the various language problems, coupled with how weird the whole thing was, it was somewhat painful to watch!

Cringeworthines, awkwardness, and global ceremonial sports events are inseparable, stadium-sized multievents opening ceremonies are probably the exceptions, since everything is in longs shots without intimate close-ups needed.
To make these things happen, you always have to involve people with little interest in sports and the sportspersons mostly don't have personalities for such things, then awkwardness reign.

TRENDING THREADS