• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Leading the peloton onto the Champs

I have been thinking about this since Moreau announced his retirement, but then it was brought out in the LA/Stage 15 thread.

With 2 riders retiring that have had an impact on the Tour (Moreau and LA, with a rumored 3rd in Hincapie), do you think the peloton will allow each of them to go to the front as they did with Ekimov? I personally feel that the peloton would only extend this courtesy to Hincapie, but will extend it to no one so as not to offend Lance and Moreau.

I feel the only other rider that will definitely have this honor extended their way is Jens...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yossarian12 said:
I have been thinking about this since Moreau announced his retirement, but then it was brought out in the LA/Stage 15 thread.

With 2 riders retiring that have had an impact on the Tour (Moreau and LA, with a rumored 3rd in Hincapie), do you think the peloton will allow each of them to go to the front as they did with Ekimov? I personally feel that the peloton would only extend this courtesy to Hincapie, but will extend it to no one so as not to offend Lance and Moreau.

I feel the only other rider that will definitely have this honor extended their way is Jens...

HTC won't, i hope:)

A

Anonymous

I think

a) the combination of hincapie and lance on the front considering recent allegations may be more than the ASO would like.

b) considering the recent subpeonas and the likelehood of george being made to testify against lance the likelehood that either of them want to go to the front together is slim

c) if contador is in yellow i think he may well have something to say about it

d) for lance the most tactful thing he can do is sit in the pack and shut up, hes had his retirement party already. you dont get two

e) the way george is riding he might not make paris

f) the way lance is riding he might not make paris

g) im not sure moreau would want to go to the front between george and lance

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I think

a) the combination of hincapie and lance on the front considering recent allegations may be more than the ASO would like.

b) considering the recent subpeonas and the likelehood of george being made to testify against lance the likelehood that either of them want to go to the front together is slim

c) if contador is in yellow i think he may well have something to say about it

d) for lance the most tactful thing he can do is sit in the pack and shut up, hes had his retirement party already. you dont get two

e) the way george is riding he might not make paris

f) the way lance is riding he might not make paris

g) im not sure moreau would want to go to the front between george and lance
Thankyou for a good laugh!