• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

leg shaving tips

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been shaving my legs now for several years and no matter what I try I seem to always have ingrown hairs on the back of my legs. So knowing that I can't be alone in this, I figured someone out there must have had this problem as well and could offer some advice.

My routine and tools are:

Gillette Fusion razor
Gillette Foamy sensitive skin shaving cream

And I always shave 'em after I shower.

So any advice? What do those who shave their legs do? Do you use women's razors?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Use a women's razor, and shave'm while I am in the shower, no shaving cream/foam/gel. Just water and the showering gel/soap that I already used.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
cawright1375 said:
I've been shaving my legs now for several years and no matter what I try I seem to always have ingrown hairs on the back of my legs. So knowing that I can't be alone in this, I figured someone out there must have had this problem as well and could offer some advice.

Gillette Fusion razor

So any advice? What do those who shave their legs do? Do you use women's razors?

I used to get ingrown hairs too. 2 things solved it, shaving with the grain of the hair growth instead of against, and not pressing on the razor too much. It's better to make a bunch of light passes then a couple hard ones.

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
cawright1375 said:

Gillette Fusion razor

i think you need to look at which way the hairs are going then go with the grain on the back of leg.Or at least try a few different directions in that area.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I never use the women's razer for leg hair removal.
To keep legs looking their best after shaving, always apply gentle lotions for smoothness and to prevent dry skin or flaking. Touch up any problem areas or missed spots right away, and avoid chlorinated or salt water for several hours to prevent painful chemicals getting on skin and potentially causing rashes or other irritation.