• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LeMond calls for widespread reforms

A

Anonymous

on3m@n@rmy said:
Maybe it's just me, but although I appreciate LeMond's call for reform his desire to dredge up past sins is unprofessional and is not doing cycling any good. I wish he would just focus on making things better for the future without bringing up the past.

your cheque is on the way.
Love From Lance

on3m@n@rmy said:
Maybe it's just me, but although I appreciate LeMond's call for reform his desire to dredge up past sins is unprofessional and is not doing cycling any good. I wish he would just focus on making things better for the future without bringing up the past.

I agree - there a lot of people who will not want their past revealed to the public.

It could ruin people's lives, but unfortunately that is the price they have to pay for their deceptions.

You can't reform the future without knowing the past. If we ignore the past, there is nothing wrong with the system, so why reform it?

Many other people have recently stated their opposition to discussing "the past" - do you have any association with Garmin-Transitions?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
How much is Public Strategies paying and how do I get on this gravy train? I could do with some extra cash.

Given their questionable ability to communicate their position it appears that the recent wave of new, single post, users are unpaid interns.

A

Anonymous

red_flanders said:
I just want to know when the past ends and the present starts. Is the past last week when a bus full of amateurs got popped? Or yesterday? It's all so confusing.

The present starts now. No, now. OK...... NOW.

You're right, this is confusing.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:

the past has to be brought up otherwise we'll be stuck with corrupt inept people we have now for a very long time to come. So Lemond is spot on.

UCI heads must roll.

Ferminal said:
I agree - there a lot of people who will not want their past revealed to the public.

It could ruin people's lives, but unfortunately that is the price they have to pay for their deceptions.

You can't reform the future without knowing the past. If we ignore the past, there is nothing wrong with the system, so why reform it?

Many other people have recently stated their opposition to discussing "the past" - do you have any association with Garmin-Transitions?

Not if you ask Stephen Roche...

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/45...h-cycling.aspx

According to him you reform by not mentioning the past, but learning from it all the same. (first rule of Reform Club: You don't talk about Reform Club)

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:

An old quote: "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

A

Anonymous

“The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.”
Leslie Poles Hartley 1895-1972

or perhaps... “You have to know the past to understand the present.”

How about the past is history. Old news already forgotten about by the time it becomes useful to the present, which naturally doesn't exist, a mere sensory fabrication, because time is a continuum made up of a stream of events always superceding that which has already taken place, in all the moments of existence. And since the past no longer exists, the present has never existed, and since the future is a mere hypothesis...time itself is fake, a lie, though we only like to decieve ourselves that it is actually reality: that Julius Caesar died on the Ides of March 44 BC, but this can't be true because neither the Ides of March nor 44 BC has ever taken place and so forth!

Good point. But the future can be reformed without knowing the names of people involved with doping in the past. We can ignore the "who" of the past and still recognize there have been and continue to be problems as evidenced by recent positive test results. Reform? I'm for it. I just don't feel it is good for cycling to go on a witch hunt.

No affiliation with Garmin-Transitions here?

A

Anonymous

on3m@n@rmy said:
Good point. But the future can be reformed without knowing the names of people involved with doping in the past. We can ignore the "who" of the past and still recognize there have been and continue to be problems as evidenced by recent positive test results. Reform? I'm for it. I just don't feel it is good for cycling to go on a witch hunt.

No affiliation with Garmin-Transitions here?

When the past is still present, and the past has every intention of dirtying the future, then names SHOULD be named.

If you dont get what I mean by that, as long as the likes of Lance, Bruyneel carry on having a part in this sport, nothing will ever change. The Past is still with us! If the likes of BRuyneel have there way doping will continue as it always has done, they already have their little group of livestrong boys ready to come through to the pro squad and learn the ways of their fathers.
As long as names from the Past like McQuad continue to remain in the present, and intend to be part of the future then yes, names SHOULD be named.
As long as the riders are able to employ sockpuppets like Liggett and Sherwen to peddle their propaganda, and those sockpuppets from the past continue to be in the present, and intend to be part of our future, then yes, names SHOULD be named.

The past hasnt gone away!

TeamSkyFans said:
When the past is still present, and the past has every intention of dirtying the future, then names SHOULD be named.

If you dont get what I mean by that, as long as the likes of Lance, Bruyneel carry on having a part in this sport, nothing will ever change. The Past is still with us!

you didn't think this out too much...........

doping went on before Lance and Johan and it was still going on after Lance retired the first time. You are only fooling yourself by thinking this will cure the sport

A

Anonymous

Wheels Go Round and Round said:
you didn't think this out too much...........

doping went on before Lance and Johan and it was still going on after Lance retired the first time. You are only fooling yourself by thinking this will cure the sport

Im not, its in response to the theory that the past should just be brushed under the carpet. The past (especially what lemond is mainly refferring to) is very much still in the present..

Cycling may not be clean with Bruyneel etc gone, but it will be less dirty.

Why am i bothering..

TeamSkyFans said:
Im not, its in response to the theory that the past should just be brushed under the carpet. The past (especially what lemond is mainly refferring to) is very much still in the present..

Cycling may not be clean with Bruyneel etc gone, but it will be less dirty.

Why am i bothering..

I don't know why you bother...........maybe you should read history books

A

Anonymous

I have..

so you are in the brush the past under the carpet brigade as well... You should get a badge.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site

But then you are only raking up the past.............. heyhey...

Abd for the guy who brought up 'Garmin-Transitions' earlier........ I am sorry, you lost me............ (woohoo, 2 for the price of 1)

TRENDING THREADS