• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lemond-Trek mediation fails

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
joe_papp said:
Is that the same Andy Hampsten who supposedly didn't give a cut of his Giro prize winnings to ANY of the 7-Eleven team riders or support staff? This, per a book or column by Bob Roll...

I'm not sure, but that issue has been disputed. Or perhaps taken out of context. I'd like to hear Bobke (or Andy) tell the truth on what really happened. You really don't believe this story, or interpretation of it, is the full judgment of Andy's character, do you?

Best American cyclist ever is still this guy right here:

DP87_000.jpg

Alpe d'Huez said:
I'm not sure, but that issue has been disputed. Or perhaps taken out of context. I'd like to hear Bobke (or Andy) tell the truth on what really happened. You really don't believe this story, or interpretation of it, is the full judgment of Andy's character, do you? ...

I wasn't dissing Andy Hampsten. Rather, just dredging up that accusation in the hopes that someone would either refute it or confirm it. It was something I read when I was just a kid, and it really bummed me out as it made Hampsten seem like someone he wasn't. But I don't know the truth...

TRENDING THREADS