• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lemond/Trek new thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Every time Greg opens up his mouth it is about something he is dissappointed about in someone else. Lets hear Greg clear up the drug/substance abuse problem in families.....he does have the time and resources.....I want to see something positive out of Greg.

Greg has been heavily involved in a number of child welfare charities. He has given many talks and interviews about the challenges facing the sport with Armstrong's name never came up.

It is extremely positive that a great champion like Greg is willing to address the issues facing the sport. Ignoring these issues, pretending they don't exist, and attacking those that bring attention to them is negative.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
I hear you RR. Can you hip me on the good work Greg is doing presently?

Clearing his good name. Important work given the circumstances.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Why wouldn't he want a clear name?

Lemond always had a good name. He like Lance stayed with the sport from a young age and put a lot in and got a lot out. Not like most of the other ex pros I know Greg had a reputation and money. He will have a place in US cycling for awhile no matter what. He probably can't be used in France or Belgium as a pitchman for soap or rental cars. In the US his name and face still have a draw no matter how shrinking. Not like most of his bunchmates who hold jobs as pedal salesmen at trade shows, or reps for sports cream. Lemond may be right and get all the dope show history from under every rock he can personally turn over I am sure he is ****ed that Carmicheal and Roll have an equal value without the same level of achievement. Trying as hard as he can to make the racing of old different than the racing of new was a stupid fight that he should have walked from after seeing most people don't care, and the personal cost of victory is way,way too high. He has tried to put a cloud over Armstrong everywhere he can and it's been futile. His final micro victory will come when a court decides that when Lance said to Trek"it's either him or me" they should have executed their selection with more tact and professionalism. Greg with this court ordered payment you should order a large cup of shut the f--k up and be done with your jehad with Ballsolo.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
'Most people don't care'?? I think you mean 'most fans of Lance Armstrong don't care because they couldn't give a ****e about the history & traditions of the sport'

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I hear you RR. Can you hip me on the good work Greg is doing presently?

Greg is active in multiple charities. He has been active in a charity called 1in6, a non-profit organization whose mission is to help men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences in childhood live healthier, happier lives.

Greg is the Chairperson for the Tour de Cure, a nationwide cycling event which raises money to find a cure for diabetes. They raised over $17 million last year.

He also raises funds for I Challenge Myself. A charity that uses fitness-based challenges and service learning that allow youth in low-income communities to develop physically, academically and socially.

In additional he has sponsored numerous Pro, U23, and womens teams over the last few decades. He has worked hard to help improve our sport and not ignore it's many issues

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
Lemond always had a good name. He like Lance stayed with the sport from a young age and put a lot in and got a lot out. Not like most of the other ex pros I know Greg had a reputation and money. He will have a place in US cycling for awhile no matter what. He probably can't be used in France or Belgium as a pitchman for soap or rental cars. In the US his name and face still have a draw no matter how shrinking. Not like most of his bunchmates who hold jobs as pedal salesmen at trade shows, or reps for sports cream. Lemond may be right and get all the dope show history from under every rock he can personally turn over I am sure he is ****ed that Carmicheal and Roll have an equal value without the same level of achievement. Trying as hard as he can to make the racing of old different than the racing of new was a stupid fight that he should have walked from after seeing most people don't care, and the personal cost of victory is way,way too high. He has tried to put a cloud over Armstrong everywhere he can and it's been futile. His final micro victory will come when a court decides that when Lance said to Trek"it's either him or me" they should have executed their selection with more tact and professionalism. Greg with this court ordered payment you should order a large cup of shut the f--k up and be done with your jehad with Ballsolo.

My fascination with cycling started with Greg Lemond's feats. I have immense respect for what he did and the traditions he changed as an American cyclist. While he would be correct to sulk at the relative success of a Chris Carmichael and co. I have to agree with the suggestion he win the case and LET IT GO. He changed the sport, you and I have changed the sport and someone else will do the same. A statesmanlike posture would relegate LA to the media manipulator he is. History will bear out who was the real deal.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Lemond is the real deal. The guy could really bury people in his prime. I almost feel like he is Clint Eastwood and LA is Matt Damon. Both great talents but ones body of work has the benefits of modern media exposure. I remember getting VHS tapes from the bike shop of Lemond,complete stud. Watched them over and over, there is more video of Armstrong drinking cocktails at charity events than exists of Lemond. You think this breaks your heart look at how much Ted Williams and Hank Arron got paid in their time, I had a guy tell me Coco Crisp was a great ball player.

fatandfast said:
Lemond is the real deal. The guy could really bury people in his prime. I almost feel like he is Clint Eastwood and LA is Matt Damon. Both great talents but ones body of work has the benefits of modern media exposure. I remember getting VHS tapes from the bike shop of Lemond,complete stud. Watched them over and over, there is more video of Armstrong drinking cocktails at charity events than exists of Lemond. You think this breaks your heart look at how much Ted Williams and Hank Arron got paid in their time, I had a guy tell me Coco Crisp was a great ball player.

What I remember most about LeMond is that he is either very humble or at least self effacing. From the 70's in person through his interview at the worlds when he beat Kelly and Konechev (sp?) his race recap was always the same. "Oh man, I felt so bad in the first laps,I wanted to drop out, but I told myself to hang on and see what happens. In the last 3 laps I noticed my legs were coming around and nobody could stay on my wheel. So I said, maybe I have a chance."

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
This is Olgah!
Im new here in this site!
I hope I can have more friends here!
Im happy to have you Guys!
Thanks!
Good Luck!...