• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lemond/Trek new thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
"Mark won multiple stages at both the Giro and the Tour, both races that Lance was riding in. And, because the spotlight was shining on cycling, it gave all the other teams an ideal opportunity to showcase their qualities. Hopefully it will all happen again in 2010!"

Stapleton is fully aware that Cavendish is one of the biggest stars in the sport --and he believes the British sprinter has plenty in common with Armstrong.

"There are many similarities between the two, both in their attitude and the way they look at themselves. Both are very confident and highly capable, but also very very self aware

Put that in your Hugh Jannuss Go Lance and Mark signed Bob Stapleton

High Road AKA T-Mobile

flicker said:
"Mark won multiple stages at both the Giro and the Tour, both races that Lance was riding in. And, because the spotlight was shining on cycling, it gave all the other teams an ideal opportunity to showcase their qualities. Hopefully it will all happen again in 2010!"

Stapleton is fully aware that Cavendish is one of the biggest stars in the sport --and he believes the British sprinter has plenty in common with Armstrong.

"There are many similarities between the two, both in their attitude and the way they look at themselves. Both are very confident and highly capable, but also very very self aware

Put that in your Hugh Jannuss Go Lance and Mark signed Bob Stapleton

High Road AKA T-Mobile

Off the meds again, I see.

A

Anonymous

Hombre El Asso said:
It must be tough living in a world where Lance is one of the all time great kings.

No, I can see clearly what he is, and then look at you and know that there are people much more gullible and ignorant in this world than I. It actually is good for the old self esteem that he is who he is, and you are what you are.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
No, I can see clearly what he is, and then look at you and know that there are people much more gullible and ignorant in this world than I. It actually is good for the old self esteem that he is who he is, and you are what you are.

gullible.jpg

He calls other riders dopers but when we call his favourite rider a doper, he gets all defensive and makes up lies to cover up his other lies which his pathological lying leader has made him believe because he's gullible.

Make Sense?;)

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Sherlock,

fatandfast said:
Not looking to stick a steak in my **** and jump into the shark tank...but if Lance has been racing with and without a ball and has not come up with whatever abnormal amount of..well dope,don't you think we can let him go into his golden years without a army of 'you did it soldiers' that chant over and over with no conviction. They even let Gotti go home and call it a day. 15 years and no dirty pee. Lets rest and enjoy the gray master climbing the mountains in the tour.We know Crow and Kate got away lets not beat Lanceboy anymore over his mistakes

Maybe you can tell us why his hCG wasn't through the roof when the cancer was raging throughout his body back in '96?

The testing means very little in pro cycling in case you haven't figured that out yet.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
buckwheat if a federal judge dismisses drug talk about Lance as out of hand?

The judge knows Lance's drug use is out of hand and that it's the biggest cloud hanging over cycling and that's why he won't dismiss drug talk about Pharmstrong by LeMond, "out of hand."

You really can't be serious thinking that LeMond's ouster had to do with anything besides his skepticism over Strongarm's cleanliness??

If you do think there are other issues what, pray tell, are they?

fatandfast said:
will you not use the "program" thing anymore?

Bro, Ferrari was his exclusive advisor for goodness sake. WTH do you think he was advising him about? Perhaps the "program" thing.

WAKE UP!

I know you love yellow so that's probably the only way I could get your attention.

auscyclefan94 said:
gullible.jpg

He calls other riders dopers but when we call his favourite rider a doper, he gets all defensive and makes up lies to cover up his other lies which his pathological lying leader has made him believe because he's gullible.

Make Sense?;)

I tried to take the test but the link doesn't work.:D

It's pretty easy to believe in Lance, all you need to do is make sure you never ever look at any of the critical evidence.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
The judge knows Lance's drug use is out of hand and that it's the biggest cloud hanging over cycling and that's why he won't dismiss drug talk about Pharmstrong by LeMond, "out of hand."

You really can't be serious thinking that LeMond's ouster had to do with anything besides his skepticism over Strongarm's cleanliness??

If you do think there are other issues what, pray tell, are they?

Bro, Ferrari was his exclusive advisor for goodness sake. WTH do you think he was advising him about? Perhaps the "program" thing.

I guess you think that if the good doctor wrote a script for cold medicine that it had sinister intent. Everything the guy did is not bad. I would hope that Lemond was ousted because he tried elect himself as the "Clean Police" I hope that his views on guilt by association and his blabbing his opinions right or wrong put a financial death curse on his cycling brand. 10 plus years after Pharmstrong/Strongarm/Livewrong was to have committed crimes that are so obvious to Inspector Lemond he can finally get his day in court. When he goes into one of his I lost my shirt at Trek because Lance was dealing with Dr. Ferrari the Judge will either smile and let him continue or make Trek pay him so he will just shut up already . It's not about Greg being a butplug, that is confirmed,it's the way Trek dealt with him. When Lemond is done he will probably be banned from any event that Trek underwrites and I would hope his words about the dirty secrets of pro cycling will also be harder to hear from the US . The tour should leave him and his mighty wind off the guest list. They should bury Lemond with lovers of down tube shifters and other useless cycling relics. His trip to court will cofirm that Lemond was bad for the bike business but also for the sport.Trek may have acted petty in punishing Greg and will ahve to buck up some cash but Lemond is a big brown floater in the swimming pool he is just not welcome.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
I guess you think that if the good doctor wrote a script for cold medicine that it had sinister intent. Everything the guy did is not bad. I would hope that Lemond was ousted because he tried elect himself as the "Clean Police" I hope that his views on guilt by association and his blabbing his opinions right or wrong put a financial death curse on his cycling brand. 10 plus years after Pharmstrong/Strongarm/Livewrong was to have committed crimes that are so obvious to Inspector Lemond he can finally get his day in court. When he goes into one of his I lost my shirt at Trek because Lance was dealing with Dr. Ferrari the Judge will either smile and let him continue or make Trek pay him so he will just shut up already . It's not about Greg being a butplug, that is confirmed,it's the way Trek dealt with him. When Lemond is done he will probably be banned from any event that Trek underwrites and I would hope his words about the dirty secrets of pro cycling will also be harder to hear from the US . The tour should leave him and his mighty wind off the guest list. They should bury Lemond with lovers of down tube shifters and other useless cycling relics. His trip to court will cofirm that Lemond was bad for the bike business but also for the sport.Trek may have acted petty in punishing Greg and will ahve to buck up some cash but Lemond is a big brown floater in the swimming pool he is just not welcome.

I am sure when you wrote this after an all night bender it made perfect sense to you.....the rest of us don't get your babble

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I am sure when you wrote this after an all night bender it made perfect sense to you.....the rest of us don't get your babble

It was three days in a row. Also got a head injury doing the electric slide. It was a bit of a ramble thanks for pointing it out. Lemond is a punk was my basic point.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
>I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot
> >bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
For the cycling haters out there

LITTLE GIRL ON A PLANE

A CALIFORNIA Congressman was seated next to a little girl on the airplane leaving from DALLAS when the he turned to her and said, 'Let's talk.

I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger.'

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the total stranger, 'What would you like to talk about?'

'Oh, I don't know,' said the congressman. 'How about global warming or universal health care', and he smiles smugly.

OK, ' she said. 'Those could be interesting topics. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff

- grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'

The California legislator, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it for a minute and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.'

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
LITTLE GIRL ON A PLANE

A CALIFORNIA Congressman was seated next to a little girl on the airplane leaving from DALLAS when the he turned to her and said, 'Let's talk.

I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger.'

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the total stranger, 'What would you like to talk about?'

'Oh, I don't know,' said the congressman. 'How about global warming or universal health care', and he smiles smugly.

OK, ' she said. 'Those could be interesting topics. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff

- grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'

The California legislator, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it for a minute and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.'

man, you must been on something stronger than weed this wednesday, i mean wtf?

if this is some illusion about EPO having different readouts for different people you arn't quite there.

You put EPO into Danilo Di Luca, Synthetic EPO shows up on the test
You put EPO into Mikel Astaloaz, Synthetic EPO shows up on the test
You put EPO into L Pharmstrong, Synthetic EPO shows up on the test

funny that.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah havn't smoked in quite a while. I do not want to repeat the whole joke but the punch line is: the little girl tells the congressman you don't know Sh it. Sorry to leave that out. The B sample turned out negative

Big GMaC said:
man, you must been on something stronger than weed this wednesday, i mean wtf?

if this is some illusion about EPO having different readouts for different people you arn't quite there.

You put EPO into Danilo Di Luca, Synthetic EPO shows up on the test
You put EPO into Mikel Astaloaz, Synthetic EPO shows up on the test
You put EPO into L Pharmstrong, Synthetic EPO shows up on the test

funny that.

Not quite correct.

You put EPO into Danilo Di Luca, synthetic EPO shows up on the test.
You put EPO into Mikel Astaloaz, synthetic EPO shows up on the test.
You put EPO into L Pharmstrong, Pat McQuaid shows up on the test.

Fixed that for you.;)

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
flicker

From the time he was born, Tiger Woods has seldom been in a scene in which he was not the star. His father basically abandoned his other children to focus on young Eldrick. By age two, Tiger was on national television hitting golf balls. When he was a junior, he played with the grown-ups, when he was in college, he played with the pros, as a pro, he plays against the history of the game itself. That is a pretty lonely path. He needs to focus on sharing the narrative with others for awhile. This does not mean going into hiding. It means consciously taking a backseat in someone else's scene. Raise your children. Work with your charities. Find a protégé to coach. In the Networked World, we are measured every bit as much by what we contribute to others as by what we amass for ourselves. No brand is an island.

5. Get better
This is the road to healing for Greg. It would be a fantastic thing for him to help out kids who have been mistreated, have disabilities, dependencies.

flicker said:
From the time he was born, Tiger Woods has seldom been in a scene in which he was not the star. His father basically abandoned his other children to focus on young Eldrick. By age two, Tiger was on national television hitting golf balls. When he was a junior, he played with the grown-ups, when he was in college, he played with the pros, as a pro, he plays against the history of the game itself. That is a pretty lonely path. He needs to focus on sharing the narrative with others for awhile. This does not mean going into hiding. It means consciously taking a backseat in someone else's scene. Raise your children. Work with your charities. Find a protégé to coach. In the Networked World, we are measured every bit as much by what we contribute to others as by what we amass for ourselves. No brand is an island.

5. Get better
This is the road to healing for Greg. It would be a fantastic thing for him to help out kids who have been mistreated, have disabilities, dependencies.

Now if we could just come up with some way to make Flicker all better. I am afraid though that lobotomys have kind of gone out of style.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Every time Greg opens up his mouth it is about something he is dissappointed about in someone else. Lets hear Greg clear up the drug/substance abuse problem in families.....he does have the time and resources.....I want to see something positive out of Greg.