• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Lemond/Trek new thread

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Great White said:
Obviously they've worked with him or they wouldn't know him, would they. Most of them become good friends with him, even after their career is over.

Is he still friends with Filippo Simeoni??
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Great White said:
What garbage? It seems to me you have a persecution complex and continually call for people you disagree with to be banned because you believe everyone is out to get you.

I can't hurt you - you shouldn't be scared of me. We're just having a conversation here. No need to post pictures and talk about bannings.

Quick question then....

Are you denying that you are/ were, any of the following?

TheArbiter, Sproket01, BanProCycling, UnBanProCycling, BritishProCycling, Earth Tribe..

If so which one.
 
Great White said:
What garbage? It seems to me you have a persecution complex and continually call for people you disagree with to be banned because you believe everyone is out to get you.

I can't hurt you - you shouldn't be scared of me. We're just having a conversation here. No need to post pictures and talk about bannings.

I don't think anyone's afraid of you, it's just that no one likes you BPC. I'm going to bet that you get banned by tomorrow or as soon as Susan gets back from feeding her kitty, whichever comes sooner.
 
I can't believe you guys are responding to all this and haven't used the "ignore" feature. You have much more stamina than I do when it comes to having to re-post the same factual information over and over and over and over in response to those who refuse to actually look up information to verify accuracy, or show any objective judgment, or even keep debates on the direct subject. Oy!

133011d1252542352-porche-lotus-god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg
 
Well that does it. Now that Alpe has posted incontrovertible proof that BPC/Arbiter/Great White/King ***/BanProCycling/MaxPower is a kitten-killing troll who has returned again from his 10th ban there is no doubt that Susan will be busting out the banhammer again in short order!
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Dr. Maserati said:
Quick question then....

Are you denying that you are/ were, any of the following?

TheArbiter, Sproket01, BanProCycling, UnBanProCycling, BritishProCycling, Earth Tribe..

If so which one.

Yes I can categorically confirm I am none of these people. What relevance is this to the discussion?

There seems like there is a strategy here that when someone makes a counter point to the perceived wisdom, people must disrupt the thread by talking about the poster rather than the subject.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Alpe d'Huez said:
I can't believe you guys are responding to all this and haven't used the "ignore" feature. You have much more stamina than I do when it comes to having to re-post the same factual information over and over and over and over in response to those who refuse to actually look up information to verify accuracy, or show any objective judgment, or even keep debates on the direct subject. Oy!

Agreed. I think they have a set of talking points that have become "facts", and they don't like anyone challenging those "facts" and adding a different context to them, so they decide it's better to attack the poster rather than debate the issue. And when the person objects to this tactic, they then pretend its all in the person's mind that they are being targeted with off-topic comments that are nothing to do with the subject! This is "persecution".

As you're a moderator you really should crack down on it. This is supposed to be a cycling website. If they don't want to discuss cycling then they shouldn't be here.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Great White said:
Yes I can categorically confirm I am none of these people. What relevance is this to the discussion?

There seems like there is a strategy here that when someone makes a counter point to the perceived wisdom, people must disrupt the thread by talking about the poster rather than the subject.
I didn't ask if you are "any of these people"....

Have you ever posted on this forum under any of the following names.
TheArbiter, Sproket01, BanProCycling, UnBanProCycling, BritishProCycling, Earth Tribe..
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
You're being ridiculous. Please stop disrupting the thread or the moderators will ban you. I will not speak to you again about this.
 
Dr. Maserati said:
I didn't ask if you are "any of these people"....

Have you ever posted on this forum under any of the following names.
TheArbiter, Sproket01, BanProCycling, UnBanProCycling, BritishProCycling, Earth Tribe..

Apparently the same posting style and inability to keep information to one post (double/triple/quad posting like all the accounts) is merely a coincidence.

On his next account maybe he could at least mix it up by using the "Edit" feature.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
eleven said:
Magic 8-ball says "No?"

What do I win, Pat?

You can select a TUE for the product of your choice.
And, JB, our mutual friends will be over at 7am tomorrow morning - have the coffee machine ready - yours PMcQ (CC HV)
 
flicker said:
If LeMond exposes Lance and can prove it it will gut the American side of cycling. I wish Greg realized this.

Lemonds fault? Huh?

I gleaned this from an excellent editorial about Tiger Woods in today’s London Times. Same applies to Armstrong methinks in the way that he has profited from the image that he is a “clean” athlete.
__
The situation of Woods could not be more different. He and his advisers have systematically cultivated a public image — an image that now appears to be a sham — specifically to expand his wealth on a grand scale.

In the past few years he has earned more money from his deals with Nike, Gillette and other sponsors than he could ever hope to earn on a golf course.

To put it another way, his public image and his day job as a repository of corporate endorsement income are indistinguishable. It has been estimated by Forbes, the business magazine, that he has a fortune in excess of $1 billion (about £613 million).


Woods’s supporters will doubtless argue that consumers buy products endorsed by Woods not just because of his image, but also because he is a jolly good golfer — and that is doubtless true as far as it goes.

But only a fool would deny that Woods’s unprecedented earning power is umbilically linked to the positioning of the world’s top golfer as a family man: safe, clean, upstanding, decent, the kind of boy you would want your son to be like, and your daughter to marry.

The success of IMG, his management company, in constructing that image may be measured by the world’s astonishment at recent revelations.

Do not forget that Woods has accepted money from magazines to come into his home to photograph his life of marital bliss, along with his wife and children. Do not forget that he once allowed Nike to rifle his home videos and screen scenes of him and his late dad on Father’s Day with the message “To Dad and Fathers Everywhere”.

To put it simply, Woods’s right to privacy has been fatally undermined not by his earning lots of cash beyond the golf course, but by his hypocrisy. He could have had sex with a platoon of cocktail waitresses while dressed in a pair of suspenders and still been entitled to privacy had he not, at the same time, been pocketing a sizeable cheque from Gillette via a management company that had spent three weeks figuring out how to place a soft-focus picture of Woods, his baby in his arms, and his wife looking on lovingly.

Even Eady, the bête noire of Fleet Street editors because of what they see as his tendency to come down on the side of privacy against free speech, has understood this point, as have most of the rest of the world.

Put simply, it is not credible for anyone to trade lucratively on their public image and to expect the press to leave them be when there is evidence of behaviour (albeit behind closed doors) that directly contradicts that image.
Of course, some will want to blame the media for the growing and increasingly desperate ramifications of Tiger’s tale. They will argue that the trials and tribulations of a wounded family are being magnified by the prurience of the websites, newspapers and broadcasters who continue to follow the story in various degrees of detail. They will rail against what they see as a media, on both sides of the Atlantic, who are out of control.

But, although there is a legitimate question about proportionality here, there is a more fundamental point. Ultimately, there is one person to blame for this scandal, and that is Woods himself.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Apparently the same posting style and inability to keep information to one post (double/triple/quad posting like all the accounts) is merely a coincidence.

On his next account maybe he could at least mix it up by using the "Edit" feature.

Don't expect the truth from him, he lies continually.

Only one *** has been stupid enough to claim that Ferrari is a great coach who has little link to doping. He knows *** comments like this will get a response. This guy has made this claim under three different usernames....he must be running out of material as he has to recycle his old bits.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Visit site
hey you Lance haters

Whats' up with this?
Lance A. says he doesn't want says he doesn't want to gain 40lbs. like Greg LeMond did after retiring from cycling. Maybe Lance doesn't realize LeMond has mitochondrial myopathy which prevents him from maintaining a solid level of fitness without being extremely tired. Or that LeMond has 35 to 40 shotgun pellets in his body.
Part of a letter to the editor Velonews July18 2005. by Todd Walsh.

Typical below the belt punch by Lance. I think though the jabs that LeMond and Armstrong actually are benificial to both of them.

I think they both get off on that BS they throw at one another. LeMond is a fighter and as sick as he is the fight keeps him alive and kicking. I think Greg knows no other way of life.

Same thing with Lance, fighting keeps him alive. Note the article today in cyclingnews how Contador acknowledged Lances "way" has helped in his development.

Before you Forum posters attack me with moron, xenophobic,dogmatic,syncopath epitaphs etc.

Go ride your bikeup a hill at 85o/o or into a 25mph wind for half an hour.
Experience the pain..... that is part of what Greg and Lance live for.
 
Dec 8, 2009
63
0
0
www.livestrong.com
Race Radio said:
Dude, you are getting $crewed. The last guy at least got free meals at Red Lobster

Race Radio thanks for that long-winded response saying absolutely nothing, except for the fact that either my point went over your head...or that your head is in the sand.

What does Red Lobster meals have to do with this?
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Visit site
Ultimately, there is one person to blame for this scandal, and that is Woods himself.

I see your point, that goes for Gregs' hunting accident too.
 
Excellent post Hog.

As to Greg's condition. First, it appears the mitochondrial myopathy isn't as serious of an issue as once thought. However, the levels of lead slowly seeping into his system from the 60-odd remaining shotgun pellets in his body are slowly becoming a problem. This could end up quite serious, as several are on the lining of his heart, and would require very risky surgery to remove that he may not survive. It's likely he may never get the surgery, and it's also possible that someday he'll die a bit early from complications related to lead poisoning. Either way, it's a shitty situation to be stuck with.

Part of Greg's weight fluctuates also because he's almost 50, and has been busy both raising a family, running businesses, and dealing with a myriad of legal issues. When you're 50 and in a similar situation, you'll probably be stricken with the same weight gain. I'm lighter than Greg, but almost his age and can empathize with him here!
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Visit site
I raced with the guy when he was 16. What an athlete, as a junior I knew he was going to be in the tour but I never dreamed he 'd win it 3 times. Boy Greg was a handsome boy also perky and positive always smiling.

I saw how quick he aged after he had ridden pro 3 or 4 years. I thought it was the strain of being the competitor he was.

I have seen the X-rays of the remaining lead in Greg. My heart goes out to him.

I just don't know what happened. I figure it was the stress of the racing combined with the risidual lead he carries.
 
Dec 8, 2009
63
0
0
www.livestrong.com
Alpe d'Huez said:
Excellent post Hog.

As to Greg's condition. First, it appears the mitochondrial myopathy isn't as serious of an issue as once thought. However, the levels of lead slowly seeping into his system from the 60-odd remaining shotgun pellets in his body are slowly becoming a problem. This could end up quite serious, as several are on the lining of his heart, and would require very risky surgery to remove that he may not survive. It's likely he may never get the surgery, and it's also possible that someday he'll die a bit early from complications related to lead poisoning. Either way, it's a shitty situation to be stuck with.

Part of Greg's weight fluctuates also because he's almost 50, and has been busy both raising a family, running businesses, and dealing with a myriad of legal issues. When you're 50 and in a similar situation, you'll probably be stricken with the same weight gain. I'm lighter than Greg, but almost his age and can empathize with him here!

Another reason why Greg's weight fluctuates is that he eats too much and exercises little. Another reason why Greg's weight might fluctuate is that maybe he drinks to much and maybe he takes drugs?
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Casa de Hombre said:
Another reason why Greg's weight fluctuates is that he eats too much and exercises little. Another reason why Greg's weight might fluctuate is that maybe he drinks to much and maybe he takes drugs?
Is that how Lance lost the 7kg?
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Visit site
The answer

Lance has lost weight through the use of seal milk. Please see the film To the end of the earth directed Werner Herzog.

The film is about Antarctica research.

Greg would never overeat, drink swear or use drugs. Never happened never will.
I hope he can get some of that Leapard Seal milk though. those momma Sea Leapards are pretty hard to wet nurse though. Attaching and dettatching the suction lactate devices is tricky. The seal milk must be transported @3 degrees centigrade.