• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Competitorradio dot com has a great interview with Greg LeMond from 2006.
Nice to see that he truly wants the best for the sport, whereas Pharmstrong has been living such a lie all of these years. And attacking those who speak the truth.
Armstrong is such a little tool. A cancerous little tool.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
dark cloud - Why didn't Le Mond out his sometimes roommate Fignon, who admitting being doped to the eyeballs? Why does he say he respects Fignon? Why isn't he trying to strip Riis, Pantani, and Ulrich of their TdeF titles, all of whom were certainly far more heavily doped than Armstrong? Why did he create a non-innovative cycling company and name all the bicycles after his own victory venues? Why did he gain 30 pounds as soon as he stopped riding? Why doesn't he seem to have any friends, except for the unstable outcast Floyd Landis?

I'll tell you why - because he's a sniveling, revengeful, vendetta-loving, jealous, money- and fame-hungry tool, that's why.

the vagabond said:
dark cloud - Why didn't Le Mond out his sometimes roommate Fignon, who admitting being doped to the eyeballs? Why does he say he respects Fignon? Why isn't he trying to strip Riis, Pantani, and Ulrich of their TdeF titles, all of whom were certainly far more heavily doped than Armstrong? Why did he create a non-innovative cycling company and name all the bicycles after his own victory venues? Why did he gain 30 pounds as soon as he stopped riding? Why doesn't he seem to have any friends, except for the unstable outcast Floyd Landis?

I'll tell you why - because he's a sniveling, revengeful, vendetta-loving, jealous, money- and fame-hungry tool, that's why.

Sheesh! What happened? Did Greg charge you that 10% restocking fee when you returned your Revolution Trainer?

BTW, for what it's worth, the Madone was named (by Armstrong) after the Col de la Madone in Menton, France, a favorite Armstrong training spot. Before that the series had a numerical naming convention, the latest of which was the 5200.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
the vagabond said:

You left out "Why does he love cancer so much."

Originally Posted by the vagabond
"dark cloud - Why didn't Le Mond out his sometimes roommate Fignon, who admitting being doped to the eyeballs? Why does he say he respects Fignon? Why isn't he trying to strip Riis, Pantani, and Ulrich of their TdeF titles, all of whom were certainly far more heavily doped than Armstrong? Why did he create a non-innovative cycling company and name all the bicycles after his own victory venues? Why did he gain 30 pounds as soon as he stopped riding? Why doesn't he seem to have any friends, except for the unstable outcast Floyd Landis?

I'll tell you why - because he's a sniveling, revengeful, vendetta-loving, jealous, money- and fame-hungry tool, that's why."

WELL....Fignon had class...Fignon didn't perpetuate a sham and fraud....Fignon wasn't a bully.... sheesh! like macroadie says.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Originally Posted by the vagabond
"dark cloud - Why didn't Le Mond out his sometimes roommate Fignon, who admitting being doped to the eyeballs? Why does he say he respects Fignon? Why isn't he trying to strip Riis, Pantani, and Ulrich of their TdeF titles, all of whom were certainly far more heavily doped than Armstrong? Why did he create a non-innovative cycling company and name all the bicycles after his own victory venues? Why did he gain 30 pounds as soon as he stopped riding? Why doesn't he seem to have any friends, except for the unstable outcast Floyd Landis?

I'll tell you why - because he's a sniveling, revengeful, vendetta-loving, jealous, money- and fame-hungry tool, that's why."

WELL....Fignon had class...Fignon didn't perpetuate a sham and fraud....Fignon wasn't a bully.... sheesh! like macroadie says.

and Fignon wasn't 'murikin and only won 2 tours....

With all the aforementioned cyclists...I see in them a passion and a pure love for the sport of cycling as their driving force to excel and race. In LA I am reminded every time of his intense need to control everything and everyone around him, dominating and vengeful reasons to win and fanatically perpetuating his image when it doesn't appear to be his true self.

Just my thoughts...
cheers

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
A new two page article just hit.

“I have no relationship with Armstrong and I could never have one,” LeMond said. “I don’t have a bike company anymore. He and Trek did serious damage to my reputation.”

LeMond has not been asked to appear before the grand jury hearing testimony in the Armstrong investigation but he did receive a subpoena for and submitted the documents from his lawsuit.

“It’s been painful,” he said. “I’m looking for a happy ending, where there’s a place for me in cycling.”

LeMond is glad that during his prime he did not face the pressure to dope that riders have faced the past 15 years.

“The riders are responsible but it’s organized by the team and they are treated like lab rats,” he said. “It’s like working for a company where you walk into the office and your boss says, ‘Open your arm and take this injection.’ If you’re in a group that encourages doping, it’s hard not to capitulate.’’

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/19/2024204_p2/cycling-needs-an-outspoken-lemond.html

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
the vagabond said:

The only part that I agree with is the part about Fignon, Riis, Pantani & Ulrich.

Floyd isn't his friend.

Skandar Akbar

BANNED
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
MR_Sarcastic said:
The only part that I agree with is the part about Fignon, Riis, Pantani & Ulrich.

Floyd isn't his friend.

The part I don't agree with is the 'snivelling' part. I think I read somewhere he and Floyd are friends now so the rest looks pretty accurate.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
the vagabond said:
Why does he say he respects Fignon? Why isn't he trying to strip Riis, Pantani, and Ulrich of their TdeF titles, all of whom were certainly far more heavily doped than Armstrong?

1) Because most of them you mentioned finally stopped lying and told the truth (Riis, Ulrich's 1+1 statement)
2) Because none of them you mentioned tried to destroy the life and business of Greg just because he told the truth about Ferrari (where it all started)

the vagabond said:
Why did he create a non-innovative cycling company and name all the bicycles after his own victory venues?

What's wrong with this? How many successful ex pro riders haven't tried to do this? Better than starting a public image deception foundation like the LAF to come up for your private fuel cost and paint a holy nice picture in order to distract from your real image/intentions... Btw, Nike makes tons of money on the yellow **** thanks to Lance... but not only the LAF gets paid by Nike, how much is Pharmstrong himself collecting through Nike... hmmm...

May 11, 2009
Visit site
The real question

Will likely the only clean rider to win the tour in at least the last 40yrs ever get the respect he deserves? Probably not.

The last conversation I had with Greg (almost 4yrs ago):

Me: Thanks, I appreciate what you're doing.

Greg: People don't want to hear it, but unfortunately it's true.

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
the vagabond said:
Why did he gain 30 pounds as soon as he stopped riding?

Ummm...for the same reason every other pro cyclist gains weight when they stop training 400 miles/week.

Do you judge the members of your family by their weight compared to elite level cyclists? Some of the most talented and smartest people in the world are not exactly thin.

You need to calm the eff down, pal.

the vagabond said:

You have a strange concept of quantitative doping.:rolleyes:

I seriously doubt anyone had been able to surpass the Texan in this regard, so at least he was the best at something. Some, no doubt, came close. But the winner is.....ta, da: Pharmstrong!!! Yeaaaaaaa!!!!

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
TERMINATOR said:
Ummm...for the same reason every other pro cyclist gains weight when they stop training 400 miles/week.

Do you judge the members of your family by their weight compared to elite level cyclists? Some of the most talented and smartest people in the world are not exactly thin.

You need to calm the eff down, pal.

lemond gained more like 80+pounds. there is a difference between being a little overweight and morbidly obese. its hard to take someone serious or respect someone who does not care for there health or body. when your quite overweight expect to be judged and treated differently than if you were healthy thats real life seen it at the work place and in social settings time and time again.

as for lemond he may be saying true things but its a obviously a bit personal when it comes to la they hate each other. though i here lemond is a nicer guy in general from anyone who has met him. la has a ****ty bullying personality so i can see how these things get going.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Just a side note: Do you think it upsets Greg at all that his old Road Frames now say Gary Fisher on the Down tube? Talk about a kick to the groin.

TRENDING THREADS