• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LeMond's TdF predictions

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
My favorite for this year’s Tour is Alberto Contador. Last year, he not only had to beat all of his competitors, but he also had to race against his own team, for which he deserves another yellow jersey.

My Lance Armstrong prediction? Either he will not start or he will pull out just before the race enters France. I have a feeling that the world of cycling is about to change for the better.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/greg-lemond/the-art-of-peaking-for-the-tour-de-france

May 13, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
My favorite for this year’s Tour is Alberto Contador. Last year, he not only had to beat all of his competitors, but he also had to race against his own team, for which he deserves another yellow jersey.

My Lance Armstrong prediction? Either he will not start or he will pull out just before the race enters France. I have a feeling that the world of cycling is about to change for the better.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/greg-lemond/the-art-of-peaking-for-the-tour-de-france

Ouch!

Sounds like Greg knows something. Maybe the WSJ guys ran their article past him? Looking for corroboration on certain points?

Cobblestones said:
Ouch!

Sounds like Greg knows something. Maybe the WSJ guys ran their article past him? Looking for corroboration on certain points?

Or he was interviewed for ir?

Knowing Greg, he would want to know the content and context of the article before agreeing to be interviewed.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Uh, by the way, mods, can we get this one merged with the other?

No let's keep this one under the radar so that the annoying posters don't come in here and we can have a nice civilized discussion

It is clear that someone else post he question to GL, he himself does not seem to have brought it up.
I do like his remarks concerning Bertie

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I hope Greg is right - its time a bit more of the truth came out. On Alberto - do folk believe he is clean now? Would be good if he is now, but I do not believe he was in earlier years.

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Its a well known fact that Lance has one ball. What is less known is that Greg Lemond has none. He needs to shut his stupid mouth and clean a loaded gun. He is just bitter that he was not able to win more TDF's with his antiquated doping methods.

His comments do nothing for the sport of cycling in the United States.

I would love to see all of the dopers caught and suspended. However, Lance is just one doper in a sea of dopers. The fact that he only makes comments towards Lance and not all dopers suggests he has unresolved issues with Lance. Not that he wants to see cycling clean up its act.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
FastMatt said:
The fact that he only makes comments towards Lance and not all dopers suggests he has unresolved issues with Lance. Not that he wants to see cycling clean up its act.

That's just your opinion, it's not mine. Pro cycling is a sham and Armstrong prosecutes the lie with the greatest vigour.

Take out the Kingpin.

He's the 'Dudus' Coke of cycling, and I pray that the Eradication Squad's going to get him at last. Man, that will be the best day for cycling in a generation.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Does LeMond look this good shirtless?
vvweN.jpg

No ****ing way.

Can LeMond pull an Olsen twin?
lance-armstrong-douche.jpg

Don't ****ing think so.

Uh, btw, FastMatt, you seem to have forgotten about LeMond's very outspoken doubts about Contador's ascent of Verbier last Tour.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
arrhythmia rules said:
I hope Greg is right - its time a bit more of the truth came out. On Alberto - do folk believe he is clean now? Would be good if he is now, but I do not believe he was in earlier years.

Well one of his main 'trainers' worked for Bruyneel for a number of years and I believe he worked at Once as well. So...

TRENDING THREADS