• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Leopard/Trek/Shimano Bits...

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else wonder why they never have shown close up shots of the new bikes' drivetrain. Why is there only one cable coming from the handlebars? Are we seeing wireless Dura Ace? hmmm.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
aschleck_madone_head_tube_2_600.jpg

looks like normal dura ace di2 wires to me:p

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
why is a broke *** socal cat-3 racer mofo like myself on a 2009 s-works tarmac sl with old *** kysrium sl ssc wheels circa 2004 plus steel speedplays etc... on a lighter bike than a brand new 2011 trek with tubulars for one of the best in the world currently andy shcleck very sad ****ing trek sucks geeze. get it together **** frames that are heavy wtf. i should not be on a 2009 bike better than what a top tour contendor is using for 2011. specialized cervelo and scott only bikes worth buying imho.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
the only thing to note is di2 and a power meter which adds some weight but still the bikes almost 16 lbs too heavy at that level and cost imo. treks are quite heavy at the same size compared to many other brands.
did make me happy about my bike though lol.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
i dont care for that sparkly silver ether not for me. why does the fork say mercedes bens sponsor? i just looked 15.94lbs without computer head lol.

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:
i dont care for that sparkly silver ether not for me. why does the fork say mercedes bens sponsor? i just looked 15.94lbs without computer head lol.

um, because Mercedes Benz is a major sponsor of the team.

TRENDING THREADS