• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 93 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
With Dronova unable to hit her 2022 level and Kiesenhofer struggling as well, Steels has been the most important rider for IPT Roland this season. Koppenburg is probably not in her best shape yet, but dropping her on a climb is never an easy thing to do in these sort of races.

Fu4QhdDWwAEV1OR

Reactions: Izzyeviel
Decent showing from 18 year old Dane Solbjork Anderson, finishing in the second group in Elsy in her first pro series race.
Yeah, if that was her, then it's a pretty good performance.

Wollaston messed up the final corner and got boxed in by Bastianelli afterwards, but she seems to be back on good form. UAE has the numbers though, with both Bastianelli and Gasparrini up there now.

Julia Kopecký gave HPH the Stannard treatment and won Leiedal Koerse with an attack in the final. I think it's the first individual senior road win for a rider born in 2004, but I might be wrong.
Edit: I was wrong, cause Tsepiso Lerata is the national champion of Lesotho.

Last edited:
Yeah, if that was her, then it's a pretty good performance.

Wollaston messed up the final corner and got boxed in by Bastianelli afterwards, but she seems to be back on good form. UAE has the numbers though, with both Bastianelli and Gasparrini up there now.

Julia Kopecký gave HPH the Stannard treatment and won Leiedal Koerse with an attack in the final. I think it's the first individual senior road win for a rider born in 2004, but I might be wrong.
Edit: I was wrong, cause Tsepiso Lerata is the national champion of Lesotho.
Pretty sure it was her with the grey helmet, but let us see what firstcycling says;) Eta. 21st - 36 seconds back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Two day race Occitanie is up next for the juniors, starting tomorrow. As the hills get bigger, can Cat Ferguson continue her run of podiums in her first season? Will face very strong competition from Julie Bego who finished 2nd here last year, and only narrowly lost out to Ferguson at Binda.

For fellow CX fans, Venturelli, Van Sinaey and Fleur Moors are also on the startlist.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
I'm actually a little confused by that.
Two of the riders of the Danish national team are from Team Rytger. However, it appears Rytger is also sending a team - with the above-mentioned Van Sineay.
Is there a mistake, or is the "can't represent national team if trade/club team is at the race" rule not so strict in the junior ranks?

Reactions: postmanhat
I'm actually a little confused by that.
Two of the riders of the Danish national team are from Team Rytger. However, it appears Rytger is also sending a team - with the above-mentioned Van Sineay.
Is there a mistake, or is the "can't represent national team if trade/club team is at the race" rule not so strict in the junior ranks?
I don't think it's enforced. Looking at the uci rule book (section 2.14.050 and 2.12.51) i'd interpret that the organiser has to invite the top 12 national federations first then accept applications from other federations, then allow club teams, regional teams and mixed teams. Therefore I think the national teams have priority over the rest with the federations picking who they want from their country.

It also says you can only have one national team per nation, so that must've changed as I remember previously for the Omloop van Borsele or the Healthy Ageing tour, British Cycling sent 2 teams once and then then next year sent a British team and a Welsh team.

Two day race Occitanie is up next for the juniors, starting tomorrow. As the hills get bigger, can Cat Ferguson continue her run of podiums in her first season? Will face very strong competition from Julie Bego who finished 2nd here last year, and only narrowly lost out to Ferguson at Binda.

For fellow CX fans, Venturelli, Van Sinaey and Fleur Moors are also on the startlist.
Venturelli takes the win on the first day, with Bego 2nd again. The top six at this year's CX Worlds all finished in the top 12 here with Van Sinaey 3rd, the Holmgren twins, Gery and Ferguson, who finished best of the first years in 5th.