• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kopecky won stage 1 of the Tour de Feminin.

julia-kopecky-2023.jpeg

Well it would have been weird if it had been the Tour de Masculin.

But nice 1-5 for AGI-NXTG. And in Bretagne, Sarah Roy showed Geraint Thomas that 38 year olds can still attack and win races.

Reactions: claude cat
The team with six riders can still one-up AGI.

Stage their own private TTT?

I just read Lore De Schepper (local, crossed her 4 times already the last weeks) her story that AG took all the first places so this confused me. Didn’t know there’s another Kopecky.

I'm not saying I deliberately wrote it like that to confuse people.
I'm also not saying that I didn't.

Reactions: Didinho
I'm not saying I deliberately wrote it like that to confuse people.
I'm also not saying that I didn't.

I'm saying you absolutely did. But I would have done the same.

Didn’t know there’s another Kopecky.

She's the brother of the ProTeam riders Tomáš and Matyáš. Their father is Czech and their mother is Dutch, but they met somewhere in England before they settled down in the Netherlands.

Reactions: Didinho
I mean we're two days away from Ride London starting and theres barely any media coverage promoting the race is happening, even locally to Essex. Tv coverage is hidden away online again or on the Beebs digital channel, and yet its quite established as a thing.
Enough road closure signs up for the last couple of weeks around here to get Essex Man riled and bombarding the local papers with complaints. It's a war on motorists, you know.

Enough road closure signs up for the last couple of weeks around here to get Essex Man riled and bombarding the local papers with complaints. It's a war on motorists, you know.

Maybe so, and maybe I'm just overly optimistic at how big an impact these races have, but I'm wandering around Colchester and unless you knew the race was happening, and more specifically where, you'd have completely missed it.

Maybe so, and maybe I'm just overly optimistic at how big an impact these races have, but I'm wandering around Colchester and unless you knew the race was happening, and more specifically where, you'd have completely missed it.
True: East Hill wasn't exactly packed. At the top of Beehive Hill the kids from CA were just wandering home apparently totally oblivious to it. (How local are you?)

True: East Hill wasn't exactly packed. At the top of Beehive Hill the kids from CA were just wandering home apparently totally oblivious to it. (How local are you?)

East Suffolk, north of Woodbridge, so its taken us this long to get home, though tbf we grabbed some food in Colchester first so didnt rush. But yeah it didnt feel packed at all by the finish or in the park for the podium, it was busier last year for sure imo in terms of numbers, felt alot like the last time the womens tour came down this way, which isnt a good sign.

and there were so many people just wandering past and asking whats happening ? because there were no promotional posters or banner adverts outside of the finish area we saw, no head this way directions to this big sports event your city is hosting kind of thing.

• Sad
Reactions: postmanhat
GP Eibar will be shown live on YT tomorrow. Olivia Baril is targeting a hattrick, but since the race has returned to an Arrate finish, like they had when Van der Breggen won in 2021, it's not gonna be easy for her.

However the field is not that great, so her Movistar teammates Meijering and Patiño have solid chances of winning as well. Santesteban and Dronova seem to be the strongest from the other teams at the moment.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/pAtMRrgu5-E?si=-woHb2ozq02w20mW

Reactions: Izzyeviel