• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Levi Leipheimer

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This Leipheimer turd said this was a mass-start group ride.

Sure looks from his face as though he's racing it, and he had no problem collecting the prize money from clean riders.

Complete scumbag.

I remember seeing some chamois-sniffers taking pictures with him after the finish. It's a great event, and it's a shame d-bags like Levi show up to soil it.

Alpe d'Huez said:
But had it not been for doping, there's a good chance they would be just another ex-racer most have never heard of who now works in a bike store, or sits behind a computer for a job.

You say this like it's a bad thing to be a healthy and productive member of society. Racing isn't healthy. Personal fame and glory doesn't improve the human condition. Riding a bike for money is not a God-given right, even if you are born with the appropriate genetic gifts.

Likewise, I'm tired of hearing this "boyhood dream" line so often used to justify doping, or for that matter, to indict doping ("he deprived me of my childhood dream"). By the time you reach 21, you should have outgrown silly fixations developed in your childhood.

The reason Lance is despicable is not because he had the most successful doping program or the least functional conscience, it's only because of all the people he trampled in order to get to and stay at the top. He was a drug trafficker, a racketeer, he took financial advantage of a vulnerable community (cancer patients, not cyclists), he libeled and blackballed those who spoke out, he embezzled public funds. The fact that he also had the hookup for the best doping program doesn't make me pity the other dirty racers or even the clean ones. The conversation surrounding Lance shouldn't focus on doping.

That said, none of these people (Levi, DZ, etc.) should be able to touch the sport with a ten foot pole. They still use the fame acquired from their past deceits to suck money out of the community. But it's mostly the community's fault for continuing to embrace them --- yes, enough people still like Levi that he can make money off his gran fondo, etc. Your vitriol is best directed towards the fanboys.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I do not see all dopers as equal. Some were dragged into it, did little, and got out.......Others like Levi went full gas.

Levi was using doing hard core doping (EPO, etc.) long before he moved to Europe and before he worked with Bruyneel, del Morel, etc. Guys like Levi, lance and George all like to pretend everyone was doing it....really? Everyone was doing transfusions? Most riders never did transfusions, Levi did them for at least 5 years.

Levi was hardly a victim of Johan and the other pushers, in fact he was a pusher. In 2007 Levi approached Johan about a team transfusion program. Johan refused, said it was to risky. Levi pushed Johan for almost 6 months until he finally caved and they set up a program for the Tour.

Pushing the Hog to dope more? Yup, that's Levi the junkie

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I do not see all dopers as equal. Some were dragged into it, did little, and got out.......Others like Levi went full gas.

Levi was using doing hard core doping (EPO, etc.) long before he moved to Europe and before he worked with Bruyneel, del Morel, etc. Guys like Levi, lance and George all like to pretend everyone was doing it....really? Everyone was doing transfusions? Most riders never did transfusions, Levi did them for at least 5 years.

Levi was hardly a victim of Johan and the other pushers, in fact he was a pusher. In 2007 Levi approached Johan about a team transfusion program. Johan refused, said it was to risky. Levi pushed Johan for almost 6 months until he finally caved and they set up a program for the Tour.

Levi's head is even bigger than Barry Bonds. The original bobble head doll is Bottle Frondo.

If The Hog and Armstrong had moved to transfusions by 2001, I am assuming Levi used transfusions too in the 2001 Vuelta podium.

So Odessa machineGun was motofemme?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I will never forget the time Levi is on the podium after winning the Tour of California and he gets up there before the presentation and puts both hands up with the hook em horns sign with his fingers. I little like this nixon shot, i am not a criminal
If MrsJohnMurphy had not christened Cavendish as Frodo, Bottle could also have this sobriquet. Bottle Frondo is good. I am not a criminal
gty_richard_nixon_dm_121115_wmain.jpg

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

It must've been Levi's hypnotic verbal delivery.

His charismatic gift of persuasion.

His compelling and emotive use of language is something that mere mortals simply can not resist.

2971136_93005_b238fade81_p.jpg

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
Levi's head is even bigger than Barry Bonds. The original bobble head doll is Bottle Frondo.

If The Hog and Armstrong had moved to transfusions by 2001, I am assuming Levi used transfusions too in the 2001 Vuelta podium.

So Odessa machineGun was motofemme?

He started using transfusion in 2005, so 3 seasons of transfusions. Have to laugh when people use the "Everyone was doing it" line. Levi could not even get on the USPS transfusion program.

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Excellent postings hitting the bullseye on this poser, but he does not stand alone on the podium of cyclist that made fortunes doping! In fact there are many! past,present and future. And that's the way it is in all sports

Race Radio said:

actually, if I remember correctly from Levi's USADA affadavit it was actually Johan who kept pressuring Levi to use blood by himself, and when he kept refusing to, Johan caved and set it all up right before the start of the Tour.

that is, if Levi wasn't BS'ing in his affadavit

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I do not see all dopers as equal. Some were dragged into it, did little, and got out.......

There are degrees to everything and each to their own opinion, but I'm not as lenient as you. I don't buy for a minute riders were dragged in. They were weak. They should either stand up and own it or just shut up and say nothing.

By degrees I mean a one time offender is obviously worse than a serial offender i.e. Lance is magnitudes worse than say, Stephen Swart. Who I agree has redeemed himself in a Paul Kimmage kind of way.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
zlev11 said:
actually, if I remember correctly from Levi's USADA affadavit it was actually Johan who kept pressuring Levi to use blood by himself, and when he kept refusing to, Johan caved and set it all up right before the start of the Tour.

that is, if Levi wasn't BS'ing in his affadavit

Levi approached Johan first about setting up a team transfusion program. Johan said no, Levi had to do it himself. Levi protested and said that if the team would not do it then Levi would not do it on his own. Johan finally caved and had Marti set up that program

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Alpe d'Huez said:
Not at all. You completely misread my post.

Yes, you conscience would be clear, but it's a much easier life to have millions in the bank than to struggle in a rotten economy trying to find decent work knowing a cheater screwed you.

I agree - he did misread your post. I was reading his response and thinking - WTF?

DirtyWorks said:
Not at all.

Levi will be visiting Junior camps telling them about the "lifestyle commitment" required to race at WT level very soon. Froome will be happy, then be sad, then explain the importance of staring at your stem. No pictures though..
The Dawg's talk, originally titled " Staring at your stem without crashing" has been rescheduled for a later date and with a new title to be announced.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
The Dawg's talk, originally titled " Staring at your stem without crashing" has been rescheduled for a later date and with a new title to be announced.
thats the title of his memoirs, not a lecture.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
senatorrick said:
Excellent postings hitting the bullseye on this poser, but he does not stand alone on the podium of cyclist that made fortunes doping! In fact there are many! past,present and future. And that's the way it is in all sports
he actually should have won the 2007 Tour that Contador won after everyone withdrew. well, Vino...

If they worked for Levi instead of Contador, Levi beats Cadel Evans by more time than Contador ended up beating Evans into second. And Levi was third.

my memory might be incorrect.

this is a little like the 2012 Vuelta where Sky should have been working for Froome instead of Froome working for Wiggins

blackcat said:
he actually should have won the 2007 Tour that Contador won after everyone withdrew. well, Vino...

If they worked for Levi instead of Contador, Levi beats Cadel Evans by more time than Contador ended up beating Evans into second. And Levi was third.

my memory might be incorrect.

this is a little like the 2012 Vuelta where Sky should have been working for Froome instead of Froome working for Wiggins
If Levi had ridden like a true teammate on Aubisque, Contador would've beaten Evans with a bigger margin.

Granville57 said:
I realize that this is a parallel discussion with the Froome thread but...

I'm amused that Levi seems oblivious to the fact that openly advertising his bromance with Froome Dawg could cause detrimental PR fallout for Chris.

Did this ever occur to him?

The two of them don't see the possible downside to this soirée in Sonoma?

http://instagram.com/p/rDDv1bmsRu/?modal=true

Surely Froome is the one who should have thought about it beforehand? From Levi's point of view it's just good PR.
But why Froome would hang out with Levi Leipheimer of all persons really escapes me.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
TomasC said:
Surely Froome is the one who should have thought about it beforehand? From Levi's point of view it's just good PR.
But why Froome would hang out with Levi Leipheimer of all persons really escapes me.
dawg said he did not know how he could be any cleaner, he prolly thinks he could share some of this clean luv around and show Bottle fondo how he himself, could be cleaner. dawg is just trying to show a little peace luv and fraternity. next up he will go to the middle east and show how they too, could be cleaner

TRENDING THREADS