• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Levi Leipheimer

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I think it's LA. Just sounds like drivel that would come out of his piehole. That being said, probably mostly right on, and by right on, I mean justification in his own mind. If you think being a bank robber is ok, then it's ok.

Dazed and Confused said:
sorry, just not going to read all that.
Whats the deal here?

Everyone did it in those dark times.
I'm not a giant d0uche.
Everyone I meet has never said a bad thing to me.
Doing the fondo "for the children" even though I'm the equivalent of a person possibly introducing children to a sport that is very unsafe for children. (meaning doping)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Everyone did it in those dark times.
I'm not a giant d0uche.
Everyone I meet has never said a bad thing to me.
Doing the fondo "for the children" even though I'm the equivalent of a person that did very bad things to children.

I get the point but I'm sure not intending to equate him with a child molester which is how it reads.

Nick C. said:
I get the point but I'm sure not intending to equate him with a child molester which is how it reads.

Not my intent. I've revised. Still, he played the card.

The gran fondo is just about going out doing this epic huge ride and getting young kids and the next generation of kids excited about cycling

IMO, him in particular dropping that line, in the US where the competitive sport is run by a single guy perfectly okay with doping is... something. I forgot about Levi urging his DS to get doping. I don't have good words for it.

many like to portray johan and lance as the devil and that those poor guys hwo got six months were pressurised - and this explains the differences in bans - what about levi for example putting pressure on Johan to run a programme...six months.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I would like to think that there are enough "clean" people at the grass roots level to get events like this to happen. But then again the most I have done is participate so who am I to grouse from the comfort of my keyboard.

Digger said:
many like to portray johan and lance as the devil and that those poor guys hwo got six months were pressurised - and this explains the differences in bans - what about levi for example putting pressure on Johan to run a programme...six months.

It would be pretty easy to make the case that Lance and Johann's influence was so entrenched that it took some really sweet deals to get adequate evidence?

But Levi is also an exception among the witnesses, as this was his second violation.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:

I think Armstrong, Bruyneel, Hein, Weisel, Stapleton, Ferrari are all devils.

The guys who got 6 months are cheats and dopers. They deserved a hell of lot more 'punishment' for their career long doping. They definitely should have had big fines.

Their career palmares should have been wiped and in the record books it should read doper after their names.

Benotti69 said:
Their career palmares should have been wiped and in the record books it should read doper after their names.

A doping positive should mean forfeiture of all results. All of them, start clean after you serve your suspension. I cannot imagine why UCI would oppose this.

But as we also know, the record books are worth exactly jack sh!t. Bike racing will always be about winning today, getting that jersey on the paper/internet tomorrow.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:
what about levi for example putting pressure on Johan to run a programme...six months.

Levi says he pressurised Bruyneel, but maybe Levi was trying to take as much blame to stay onside with the omerta, which failed. Why believe Levi?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
http://crankpunk.com/2014/11/07/the-leipheimer-smack-down-19-year-old-disappointed-with-former-hero/

Not everyone is so welcoming to Levi.

A buddy of mine was in the race. IIRC he was in small lead group with Levi bridged up with 2 other guys. They all took turns telling Levi to Fork off and get out of the race. This is a funny quote

The people I talked to after the Crusher weren’t opposed to my presence because today isn’t about winning and losing

Ahhh yes, some guys after the race were nice to you. What about the guys in the race, what did they say?

photo19.jpg

TRENDING THREADS