• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Levi not riding the Dauphiné?!

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Levi not riding the Dauphiné?!

Was suprised that Levi is not riding the DL... Any idea why? Was normally his TdF preparation... Is he riding Tour de Suisse along Pharmstrong?

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
la.margna said:
Was suprised that Levi is not riding the DL... Any idea why? Was normally his TdF preparation... Is he riding Tour de Suisse along Pharmstrong?

1. it's just "the D" now, and not "the DL". check yourself.
2. whoa, "pharmstrong". did you just come up with that? that's literally the first time i've ever heard that joke.
3. i would imagine he's either doing the "TdS" or just resting up from his ToC "mini-peak".

Radioshack at the Tour de Suisse:

Armstrong, Klöden, Leipheimer, McCartney, Muravyev, Popovych, Rast, Rosseler.

Radioshack at the Dauphiné:

Brajkovic, Hermans, Horner, Lequatre, Paulinho, Rosseler, Vaitkus, Zubeldia.

Obviously Rosseler can't be doing both, but apart from that the lineups seem pretty finalised.

The Tour du Suisse has only one serious mountain stage and just a couple of 1st cat climbs besides.
So, it makes sense to take all the OAPs to that race and make the younger riders do the much harder Dauphine.
I don't know why, but Chris Horner seems to have drawn the short straw again.
Maybe he's got more natural gas to make it over the Glandon, Chamrousse and Alpe D'Huez, than the suspect ones.

Mellow Velo said:
The Tour du Suisse has only one serious mountain stage and just a couple of 1st cat climbs besides.
So, it makes sense to take all the OAPs to that race and make the younger riders do the much harder Dauphine.
I don't know why, but Chris Horner seems to have drawn the short straw again.
Maybe he's got more natural gas to make it over the Glandon, Chamrousse and Alpe D'Huez, than the suspect ones.

I actually think Horner drew the long straw. Instead of riding support in the Tour du Suisse he is the team leader at the Dauphine, which in my opinion is a more prestigious and tougher race. I am pretty excited to see him mix it up with the top climbers and gc contenders. Hopefully, he has good form.

The big question i have is whether he will draw the short straw and not make the TdF roster. But at least he gets a chance to try and go for the gold at the dauphine.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
offbyone said:
I actually think Horner drew the long straw. Instead of riding support in the Tour du Suisse he is the team leader at the Dauphine, which in my opinion is a more prestigious and tougher race. I am pretty excited to see him mix it up with the top climbers and gc contenders. Hopefully, he has good form.

The big question i have is whether he will draw the short straw and not make the TdF roster. But at least he gets a chance to try and go for the gold at the dauphine.

:D Ha! I doubt that will happen, the way he's been riding this year. But wouldn't that be ironic? I'd laugh my shorts off, because then he would have bolted to RS, have the best season of all the RS riders this year, and then be disrespected by being left off the TdF squad AGAIN! I'm sorry, I have a perverse sense of humor, but that would be hilarious. Let's enjoy the show at the Dauphine, and then watch what happens from there. :D

nowhereman said:
:D Ha! I doubt that will happen, the way he's been riding this year. But wouldn't that be ironic? I'd laugh my shorts off, because then he would have bolted to RS, have the best season of all the RS riders this year, and then be disrespected by being left off the TdF squad AGAIN! I'm sorry, I have a perverse sense of humor, but that would be hilarious. Let's enjoy the show at the Dauphine, and then watch what happens from there. :D

It would be ironic, but it is going to be tough picking that roster especially considering no one is hurt. It could end up working out for him either way, maybe he will skip the TdF then go be team captain at the vuelta.

anyways sorry to be hijacking the levi thread. The next couple weeks of cycling is going to be pretty fun to watch between the dauphine and the TdS.

Publicus said:
They could always leave Kloden at home. So far he's having a very "meh" year.

"I saw him two weeks ago, and this man looked like a sack of potatoes, he rode like a sack of potatoes, and now he's riding away from the field."

Yep, that was Liggett talking about Kloden at the 2004 Tour.
Kloden's like a stock. Past returns may not be indicative of future performance.

Moose McKnuckles said:
"I saw him two weeks ago, and this man looked like a sack of potatoes, he rode like a sack of potatoes, and now he's riding away from the field."

Yep, that was Liggett talking about Kloden at the 2004 Tour.
Kloden's like a stock. Past returns may not be indicative of future performance.

Ok. But that was 2004. It's 2010. Maybe time has caught up with him?

Klöden is years younger than both Armstrong and Lepheimer. I expect him to be solid and unspectacular in july. But what about that unknown quantity, the new kid on the block, the rising star that is Haimar Zubeldia?

May 5, 2009
Visit site
ilillillli said:
1. it's just "the D" now, and not "the DL". check yourself.
2. whoa, "pharmstrong". did you just come up with that? that's literally the first time i've ever heard that joke.
3. i would imagine he's either doing the "TdS" or just resting up from his ToC "mini-peak".

1. yeah, you're right, need to get used to the new name yet
2. the topic is too sad to see pharmstrong as a joke.

Libertine Seguros said:

nice team

Mellow Velo said:

yeah, absolutely ridicolous what they have done last year but also this year again. although this year might seem just a bit too difficult for Cancellara to collect it again. But it still is a hoax compared to the editions of the Tour de Suisse in the last twenty years. Hope they will get back to more difficult profiles and race again, a shame for all those mountains around.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

Radioshack at the Dauphiné:
Brajkovic, Hermans, Horner, Lequatre, Paulinho, Rosseler, Vaitkus, Zubeldia.

As always, I like Team B way, way more than Team A. Go Hermans!
Where's Machado?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
offbyone said:
I concur. TRS is giving him a chance to win his biggest race. Unless he completely bonks (mentally or tactically) he will be on the TRS TdF roster.

I'll go on a limb here and suggest that TRS my be using LA as a foil. Both Leipheimer and Kloden (and a couple of others) are well rested and peaking at the right time. Without question, TRS would love to see LA on the podium again, but the brain trust undoubtedly has hole cards they are not revealing.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Go Shack B team. They might actually race instead of follow wheels finish uninspiring top 10 and say "preparation for the tour is on track". At least the racing team are going to the race.

TRENDING THREADS