• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Liggett, Scherwen, Roll, Watson

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
I wonder what these guys are thinking right now. Also wonder how much they will touch upon this subject in the next races they cover.

They will say how shocked they are.. Phil may stay in denial out of respect for his buddy Pat. Bob Roll is a total bozo.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
They went full genius a long time ago. They are just talking heads who don't care about the sport but need to collect a paycheck somewhere.

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
IMO the only way these bozos will gain any respect back is to set aside a 60 second taped section during the first TDF prologue airing, where they all agree they were mislead by LA and apologize to the viewers on their behalf.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
orangerider said:
IMO the only way these bozos will gain any respect back is to set aside a 60 second taped section during the first TDF prologue airing, where they all agree they were mislead by LA and apologize to the viewers on their behalf.

Haha! Hahaaahaahaa! Bwahahhaahaaaahaaa! Snort! Bwahahahahahhaaaa!

Holy Sh*t, gimme a second....

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
orangerider said:

60 seconds! More like, every time they say the L word they will have to be kicked in the head by they new Lead announcer Frankie Andreu, a sucker punch will also be acceptable.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Pretty darn good documentary, probably the most complete one to date on The Fraud. Not much new to most of us, but a real eye-opener for those who don't spend time in The Clinic.

Of note are Liggett's comments. Also, an earlier poster mentioned how **** Pound kills Verbruggen regarding the huge doping problem and yes, it's the spectators' fault. I can almost picture Hein screaming "Are you not entertained?"

Worth a watch for sure, pretty much all of the key incidents and players are included. Thanks for the link.

It seems to me utter lack of vloggers in the anti-doping scene contributed to the doping affairs remaining relatively unheard among fans.
In all my other fields of interest, I have daily high-quality content in video form, from unpaid vloggers. On doping, not easy to come by.

leggit phil

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/despite-usadas-evidence-liggett-remains-armstrongs-supporter

how gullible is the ol' idiot phil liggett.........says he received text from a renowned scientist that if lance took all the drugs that report claimed lance would be.....................DEAD

and the ol' idiot believes it..............holding out that lance could yet be innocent

and the worst news is that phil can't retire..........he is under contract 'til

phil.jpg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
In Phil's interview today he stated that it is unfair to single out Lance and only Lance. We have to agree with this and demand equal treatment. All of those cyclists who won the Tour seven times should be investigated as vigorously as they have investigated Lance!

ebandit said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/despite-usadas-evidence-liggett-remains-armstrongs-supporter

how gullible is the ol' idiot phil liggett.........says he received text from a renowned scientist that if lance took all the drugs that report claimed lance would be.....................DEAD

The article and his comments on 4 Corners are kind of contradicting.

Liggett:
"I'm very sad. What do I think? Everybody else did it, so I find it very difficult not to think that Lance did it"

"I mean I don't know if he is proved to be, to have taken drugs how he can face any of these people [cancer survivors]…how can you call up these people knowing that you've taken drugs all your life, to cheat to seven Tours? It's a problem I wouldn't want."

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
The article and his comments on 4 Corners are kind of contradicting.

Liggett:
"I'm very sad. What do I think? Everybody else did it, so I find it very difficult not to think that Lance did it"

"I mean I don't know if he is proved to be, to have taken drugs how he can face any of these people [cancer survivors]…how can you call up these people knowing that you've taken drugs all your life, to cheat to seven Tours? It's a problem I wouldn't want."

I think Liggett's problem is he really doesn't know what to think. One side of him wants to support Armstrong unconditionally because he's used to have been doing that for so long, but then the other side is that the USADA report is so damning that he can't ignore it.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
ebandit said:

and the ol' idiot believes it..............holding out that lance could yet be innocent

and the worst news is that phil can't retire..........he is under contract 'til

Don´t trust any lies from LA camp (i include Liggett there). Of course he can retire. He can just ask for termination of his contracts. I guess the stations would all be happy about it.

The truth is, he´s holding on his jobs as much he can.
Pfv.ck that liar. Wanting to quit if LA is found guilty. :rolleyes:
Thanks god we don´t have to deal with such idiots on german TV. I´d go right to his office and spit in his face until he keeps quiet...

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Don´t trust any lies from LA camp (i include Liggett there). Of course he can retire. He can just ask for termination of his contracts. I guess the stations would all be happy about it.

The truth is, he´s holding on his jobs as much he can.
Pfv.ck that liar. Wanting to quit if LA is found guilty. :rolleyes:
Thanks god we don´t have to deal with such idiots on german TV. I´d go right to his office and spit in his face until he keeps quiet...

At 70 what do u expect. Of course stations want to dump him, they are the ones bound by the contract. Phil just walk into the office of any of the Station's VP and say, I want out, they will get a pen in your hand so fast, you will not have finished your sentence.

Wasn't Phil a past pro? Must have juiced along the way. this blind support of LA is past objectivity, now its a support for what you must have been a part of!

TRENDING THREADS