• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lightweight Urgestalt frame - new target of Moose hatred

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DanielsDad

BANNED
Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
...But what's special about this one?
It's German. It costs $6,500. It's a "fondo" bike (whatever the f**k that means - I think it's Bullsh!t for "relaxed geometry").
"FONDO" bikes are too light for UCI races and only usable by the older guys that do the Grand Fondos. Other than the super rich, or super slow - who would race such a thing? The kids near U17-U23 are generally required (UCI legal) to ride something heavier and they are also things they can crash on and ride home on.

I do like light wheels...

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
While on the topic....

906419_746334185393323_681902776_o.jpg

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Brands like Time and Cyfac still survive making handmade frames in France that are less than the Asian-made Lightweight.

I agree and now that Time are making LeMond frames it will help their own brand.