• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Limar 104 USA Version Actual Weight

May 3, 2009
www.glorycycles.com
Euro version is claimed at 180 grams, US version actual weight for Small/Medium 222 grams.

70779498.jpg

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Cliveds said:
Euro version is claimed at 180 grams, US version actual weight for Small/Medium 222 grams.

I bought the Euro/Aus version in S/M - actual measured weight on my head was "yikes, thats _scary_ light". ;)

Unfortunately it was also a tad small for me so I sold it on to a friend.

FWIW, even when they fit properly these superlight helmets don't have much coverage, so standards compliance notwithstanding you have to wonder about their relative safety in real-world crashes.

May 3, 2009
www.glorycycles.com
I would have to agree, the helmet feels great on my head but does not make me feel protected. I am sure it's good against impact because it's going to crush but it does not feel secure on my head. In a real crash I feel it might move away and leave my head exposed.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I have the AUS version and it is super light. I literally forget i'm wearing it until it's time to take it off.

The ventilation works great too on really hot days (40C +) but on cool mornings I need a bandanna to keep me warm.

I'm happy with mine, especially coz I got it super cheap!