• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Livestrong will be at Gila

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Baggins27 said:
Why is it because we don't agree with you that we are "uninformed haters"? Perhaps we just have a difference of opinion on this one?

Jeez, people get so touchy when a discussion involves Lance Armstrong. For the record I actually like the guy and am pleased he's back.

Seriously. And for the record I actually hate Lance Armstrong yet am also pleased to get to watch him race again! This Giro and Tour should be a darn good show.

Christ, just because I dislike Armstrong's personality does not mean he isn't a great bike racer. And just because some people aren't fans of Armstrong does not make them "haters."

Baggins27 said:
Why is it because we don't agree with you that we are "uninformed haters"? Perhaps we just have a difference of opinion on this one?

Jeez, people get so touchy when a discussion involves Lance Armstrong. For the record I actually like the guy and am pleased he's back.

Since my post wasn't directed at YOU I would think you're the one getting touchy. If your offended by the post ask yourself the question why? Uninformed, about this race you are compared to someone who actually rode it. Hater, Euros race in these races and not a word is said but Astana enters and all of a sudden its a topic for unbiased discussion - yeah right.:rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Just dawned on me, with the recent Swine Flu will Europe ban all incoming flights from Mexico (including New Mexico :D) & USA? Leaving Team Mellow Johnny stateside for the Giro :p, I'm thinking they better get their you know whats over there ASAP!

It would be tooooo funny if they were left in quarantine.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
SpeedWay said:
Since my post wasn't directed at YOU I would think you're the one getting touchy. If your offended by the post ask yourself the question why? Uninformed, about this race you are compared to someone who actually rode it. Hater, Euros race in these races and not a word is said but Astana enters and all of a sudden its a topic for unbiased discussion - yeah right.:rolleyes:

The implication in your original post was that anyone who disagreed with your viewpoint was an "uninformed hater". That is utter nonsense and so yes I will respond to it.

And with your last comment there you are yet again implying I'm some kind of Astana/Lance hater. Wrong. As I pointed out, I quite like the guy and have no issue with Astana or any of the riders in the team.

That still doesn't change my viewpoint that Lance and Levi shouldn't be racing in the Gila. It would be a very boring world if we all had the same opinion wouldn't it?

Baggins27 said:
The implication in your original post was that anyone who disagreed with your viewpoint was an "uninformed hater". That is utter nonsense and so yes I will respond to it.

And with your last comment there you are yet again implying I'm some kind of Astana/Lance hater. Wrong. As I pointed out, I quite like the guy and have no issue with Astana or any of the riders in the team.

That still doesn't change my viewpoint that Lance and Levi shouldn't be racing in the Gila. It would be a very boring world if we all had the same opinion wouldn't it?

You win the pi$$ing match dude, but grow a thicker skin.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Just dawned on me, with the recent Swine Flu will Europe ban all incoming flights from Mexico (including New Mexico :D) & USA? Leaving Team Mellow Johnny stateside for the Giro :p, I'm thinking they better get their you know whats over there ASAP!

It would be tooooo funny if they were left in quarantine.

I'm thinking they might actually make an exception for Pharmy. Since he obviously isnt ill. Actually, the race I did yesterday had the H1B1 lol.

May 1, 2009
Visit site
Returnofthewolf said:
I agree the UCI rule is absurd, but thats a wholly separate issue. Let ALL these guys race their GD bikes!

I think that may be the whole issue. The 'racing under Mellow Johnny's colours' thing should be a dead give away that something is not right. If you cant race under your normal team colours, then it sounds like rule bending/breaking, which leads to confusion and calls of special treatment etc (a la this forum).

I think you should either open it to all pro teams or none.

Actually, maybe they should make some sort of rule about what level teams can compete or not ;)