• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LL Sanchez involved in Operacion Galgo

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
khardung la said:
It just appeared in the news:
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2011/01/15/ciclismo/1295132034.html

Apparently the Spanish police (Guardia Civil) has proofs of him contacting Fuentes via Alberto Leon.

That's a damn shame - I really liked LLS. Seem to recall a few posters here called him out some time ago, though, so no great suprise. Slightly faulty translation of article follows:

"Daily the world revealed in its Sunday Edition reports the Union Central operational (UCO) of the Guardia Civil, in the framework of operation Greyhound against doping, giving account of alleged relationships between the environment of the murcian rider Luis Leon Sanchez and the network led by the Canarian doctor Eufemiano sources. They also cite abulense Joaquin Novoa, who last October 2 met in Madrid-Barajas airport with his coach, José Luis Pascua Piqueras, and sister Eufemiano, Yolanda sources.

In both cases they held talks with the cyclist mountain Alberto Leon, who hanged himself in the House of his brother in San Lorenzo del Escorial on Monday. The UCO took time following the alleged sources link with athletes of elite, alleged customers. It was one of the Central witnesses in the case and you can not already declared.

Operation Greyhound exploded on December 9 with records in several provinces of Spain and the involvement of 14 people, including the doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, their sister Yolanda, Manuel Easter Piqueras Athletics coach and palentine athlete Marta Domínguez. THE world now reveals its extension to cycling, which already suffered exclusive operation Puerto in spring 2006."

hrotha said:
Well what do you know, maybe J.J. Santos was right all along after all! Interesting news. It's been awfully quiet on the Galgo front as of late, and I hope they haven't simply decided cycling is to be the scapegoat again.

What did JJ Santos say?

This isnt the first time Sanchez Gil has been linked to something either.

And as has been said before, Sanchez gil has a powerful brother. And im not talking about Antonio the futsal player;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
dont get a jaw hewn like granite w/o loads of hgh and steroids.

respect to the jaw, can always get a gig as a male model if UCI bans him. Can't ban the jaw tho'.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Whatever happened to isso? He was saying this for ages about Lulu. I do wonder if Androni's Luis Mate will be the next rider implicated, as isso also mentioned Mate's name along with Lulu, as well Kolobnev who have worked with Dr Walter Viru.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
What did JJ Santos say?

And as has been said before, Sanchez gil has a powerful brother. And im not talking about Antonio the futsal player;)

JJ Santos(Tv sports commentator) made a mistake some weeks ago on air accusing LL Sanchez of being in Galgo by mistake (it was Alberto Leon he should have referred to). At the end it looks that that mistake was a lucky one, and both "Leon" seem to be involved.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
What did JJ Santos say?

Pedro Leon, the Real Madrid player?

khardung la said:
JJ Santos(Tv sports commentator) made a mistake some weeks ago on air accusing LL Sanchez of being in Galgo by mistake (it was Alberto Leon he should have referred to). At the end it looks that that mistake was a lucky one, and both "Leon" seem to be involved.
He also insisted that LLS was involved long after every newspaper had corrected the original mistake, and he said both Alberto León and LLS were involved, the latter being investigated by the Guardia Civil but not having been arrested.

Note however that Pedro León only signed to Real Madrid this season. Prior to that he played for relatively small (but still elite) teams, so it's unlikely that connection would have protected LLS from other potential scandals like Puerto or the whole Losa thing.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
He also insisted that LLS was involved long after every newspaper had corrected the original mistake, and he said both Alberto León and LLS were involved, the latter being investigated by the Guardia Civil but not having been arrested.

Mr Santos still has a long way to go to be considered as a reliable and knowledgeable source for anything to do with cycling. At least in my books. I can still LMAO recalling his comments on the Aprica stage of the Giro 1994 :D

He might have been right on insisting in linking LLS to Operación Galgo just by parroting what others had said after they stopped saying it.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Note however that Pedro León only signed to Real Madrid this season. Prior to that he played for relatively small (but still elite) teams, so it's unlikely that connection would have protected LLS from other potential scandals like Puerto or the whole Losa thing.

And he's only played for Real five times. He's like the Spanish equivalent of Chris Smalling in England.

Who, you say? Exactly.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
And he's only played for Real five times. He's like the Spanish equivalent of Chris Smalling in England.

Who, you say? Exactly.

except that chris smalling will end up playing hundreds of games for united

About Time

... today the paper reports that Luis Léon Sanchez was also on the list under the name Huerto plus the number 26.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...-links-to-Operacion-Puerto.aspx#ixzz2JAVHnxkc

Probably get a 2 year backdated ban.

This is also interesting reading. And well suspicious, thought i,d repost it as I hadnt read about it before now. From January 2011.

Key Suspect in Doping Probe Found Dead

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703791904576075750488165470.html

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Probably get a 2 year backdated ban.

This is also interesting reading. And well suspicious, thought i,d repost it as I hadnt read about it before now. From January 2011.

Key Suspect in Doping Probe Found Dead

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703791904576075750488165470.html

cheerio for reposting that.

only a few days ago, another key witness was esteemed too sick (Alzheimer) to testify against Fuentes.

Some seriously dodgy stuff going on there.

TRENDING THREADS