• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

London Marathon - Please Sponsor Me

Hello Everyone,

I'm running the 2011 Virgin London Marathon in April and am looking for sponsorship for the charity i'm running for.

This is where the fun part could be as I know it will be a matter of chalk and cheese with board member. But, at the heart of it, it is a great charity for those who are suffering from cancer and in helping research the disease.

You can read why i'm running for Livestrong (with all monies then directed to the Lance Armstrong Foundation) on my personal fundraising page, and I hope that you will donate.

http://run.livestrong.org/teamls2011/daviddunphy

Thank you for reading and please do not turn it into a Lance Armstrong love/hate thread.

A

Anonymous

Happy to sponsor you mate, but if its ok with you will donate in your name to Cancer Research UK.

Good luck with it. You are running 25 miles more than I could manage. ;)

Archibald said:
just over 26 if I remember correctly. ;)
London marathon is great to do. Fantastic atmosphere with a crowd that just carries you all the way through. A very enjoyable run to do.

Good Luck.

That was my point in jest, since starting training I have damaged cartilage and ligaments in my right foot, torn a quad, twisted my left ankle, pulled a few intercostal muscles, torn a calf, and pulled a stomach muscle. None of which were done whilst solely running.

Therefore, i'm just going to try and make it round rather than do a specific time now.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I've done 7 Los Angeles Marathons and finishing is great no matter how long it takes. I dropped out of my 2nd try at mile 18 because I wasn't going to be able to do the time I wanted. It was the wrong decision.
Go and enjoy the wonderful feeling of crossing the finishing line

This is a shameless bump, I see there have been plenty of views so far, even just $5 from each person that has viewed this would be over $2,000 (assuming they are all unique viewers), this would help both the cause and myself to do better as I'd feel people want me to complete it (and I'll be doing it drug free if it helps).

TRENDING THREADS