• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Look 595 VS Cervelo S2 Frameset Vote Off - Cyclingnews Build a Bike Thread

Which Frameset for the $6000 USD Bike

• Cervelo S2 - $2800

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok this thread is purely for the poll. In our prevous thread the Look 595 Frameset and the Cervelo S2 Frameset tied in the polling. So now it is a vote off...........

The idea is to build a great allround bike that can be used in all forms of racing and riding

And we still have many things to vote for in upcoming threads. ie. gruppo, wheelset, possible accesories ie. bike computer, pedals(?), saddle(?), power meter(?), so please keep price in the back of your mind. Well it doesnt reallly matter that much since these bikes are similarly priced but the aim of the game is to build a bike under $6,000 USD.

Look 595 - ON SALE $2554 USD
look595ultrablack.jpg

Cervelo S2 - $2800 USD
cervelo_2009_S2_frame-t.jpg

THREE DAY POLL ONLY, SO GET VOTING!!!

If anybody wants to know exactly how we are playing this game please read the original post on this thread:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=2677

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
davidg said:
I like the Look, but see how you go getting it into a bike bag with that seatpost if you are anything over 5foot tall

I have been riding since the early 80s never used a bike bag, only used a bike box maybe a dozen times. So the bag fit of a fantasy bike is not very relevant IMO
good point tho

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
runninboy said:
I have been riding since the early 80s never used a bike bag, only used a bike box maybe a dozen times. So the bag fit of a fantasy bike is not very relevant IMO
good point tho
I was only thinking that with a really nice bike, you would want to use it when travelling.

what bike box did you use/frame size?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Can we put another poll up with costs? Chorus is good, but Ultegra is also good bang for your buck (or even DuraAce depending on cost, not Di2). I must admit to knowing nothing about SRAM. Compact versus standard?

elapid said:
Can we put another poll up with costs? Chorus is good, but Ultegra is also good bang for your buck (or even DuraAce depending on cost, not Di2). I must admit to knowing nothing about SRAM. Compact versus standard?

Just posted a new thread for it. Never thought of compact vs standard, it is something to think about. Although for the lsit of gruppos i thought it might be good to have newer and older versions of some gruppos ie. New 6700 Ultegra and 6600 older Ultegra. Anyway check out the new thread, add to it, take stuff out of it, post your thoughts about it, etc.

Will be back a bit later, got other things to do at the present.
Cheers